Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2015, 09:12 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Heater

We own a 2015 winnebago adventurer 38q. Does anyone know why when the heat is on it blows cold air out of the ceiling vents? I've turned the system off and on several times, checked breakers and am frustrated????? Thanks
deppdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:30 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

You have two heat modes electric and gas. Set the zone one to gas and zone two to off.

Sent from my iPhone
Grant & Pat
2014 Adventurer 35P
2013 Jeep Wangler
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:36 AM   #3
Site Team

Also, on mine if I have the thermostat heat setting on "auto", cold air does not blow out of the ceiling vents. If I set it to "high", the ceiling vents turn on.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 08:17 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

On our units, if I have it in the electric heat mode, and it switches to gas, the indoor blower motor will continue to run. This will produce cold air from the ceiling vents.

According to info received from Winnebago and Airxcel, this is how it is designed to work, unlike the basement units which completely shut down.

I switch to gas if I think the temps will be cold enough that the heat pump will switch over to gas during the night.
Old 12-30-2015, 08:37 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

The fan mode on your thermostat controls the Air Conditioner fan. Set to Low or High and the fan will run continuously regardless of heat or cooling. Set to Auto, it will only run when cooling is called for.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
TravellingRVDoctor, LLC
shiggs68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:06 AM   #6

YEP..........

The old 'FAN not in AUTO mode' trick.

Nothing like having warm air blowing up your pants leg and a cold chill blowing down your shirt collar
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:29 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

deppdog, I think you need to clarify "when the heat is on". Is your tstat set to electric heat or gas heat.

In either position, I do not think the auto fan is available, at least not on mine. Only available in cooling mode.

We have 2 rooftop model 49023-879 units, connected to a 2 zone digital tstat.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:57 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinCampers View Post
deppdog, I think you need to clarify "when the heat is on". Is your tstat set to electric heat or gas heat.

In either position, I do not think the auto fan is available, at least not on mine. Only available in cooling mode.

We have 2 rooftop model 49023-879 units, connected to a 2 zone digital tstat.

The fan mode is independent of the heating/cooling modes. It only controls the air conditioner fan.

In the case of 2 zones, each has it's own fan setting.

You need to revisit the operation of your thermostat.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
TravellingRVDoctor, LLC
shiggs68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:35 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

shiggs68, Maybe it operates that way on yours.

I have an RVComfort.zc digital tstat, common in many recent Winnebago coaches. A switch on the bottom is Cool-Off-Heat. In cooling mode, my options for each zone is Off, Cool Auto, Cool Hi, Cool Lo, High fan, Lo fan.

In heating mode, my mode choices are Off, Electric, Gas.

I have no separate indoor fan switch.

The gas furnace has a hi and lo speed fan. Hi speed is used when the room temp is 5 deg or colder than set temp.

The older basement units, when locked out due to coil temp, the complete unit would turn off, including the indoor fan. When my units lock out due to coil temp, everything shuts down except for the indoor/outdoor fans (which are controlled by same motor).

The unit will automatically shift to gas heat. So the gas heat is coming from the floor registers, but since the heatpump units fans are still running, the air is being cooled as it travels thru the roof ducts.

I told them this was a step backwards, but so far no changes made.

Like I mentioned earlier, when I think the outdoor temps/humidity are favorable for the roof heatpump units to shut down, I change over to gas heat before we settle in for the night.

Tags
heat, heater