Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2005, 10:31 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2003 Adventurer, 38G. Never driven this mororhome at night, this past week I decided to drive in the evening. Wow!! what a surprise when I turned on the headlights, it looked as if I had a couple of candles for illumination. Checked the lights a they work fine, but illumination sucked.
Does anyone know if this is normal or do mine need to be ajusted. By the way, couldn't find where or how to adjust the lights. Winnebago says they haven't had any past problems with headlight illumination. What next??

W22 Chassis and 8.1 Vortec
RVAITOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 10:31 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2003 Adventurer, 38G. Never driven this mororhome at night, this past week I decided to drive in the evening. Wow!! what a surprise when I turned on the headlights, it looked as if I had a couple of candles for illumination. Checked the lights a they work fine, but illumination sucked.
Does anyone know if this is normal or do mine need to be ajusted. By the way, couldn't find where or how to adjust the lights. Winnebago says they haven't had any past problems with headlight illumination. What next??

W22 Chassis and 8.1 Vortec
RVAITOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 10:41 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Consider doing an "advanced search" (magifying glass above), you'll find several threads in the Winnie forum about Adventurer headlights. Most people found that re-aiming was required, and some went to high power bulbs. Your plaint is not unusual, and is rather easy to fix.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:40 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CPN KAOS:
Winnebago says they haven't had any past problems with headlight illumination. What next?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Winnie probably reports no problems because maybe 1% of coach owners drive at night. I remember another thread about crappy headlights - the guy wired his headlights so that high AND low beams came on at the same time. This might have been the same guy that also used his remote control spotlight to shine down the road as well .

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 12:54 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2005 Adventurer and also feel that the headlights are pretty weak. They definitely don't illuminate the road like most cars do and you would think that the opposite would be true.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:30 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Mine are weak also and do a good job lighting up the tops of trees and telephone poles. Can't find any headlight adjusting screws, either.

Best Regards!

2007 Winnebago Journey 39K Freightliner Chassis, Cat C7
Old Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 04:06 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I have got lousy low beams on my Itasca too. I tried adding driving lights, didn't do that much good. I now drive with the high beams on all the time. I get very few if any flashers telling me to turn them off. Most of the time I am on 4 lane highways. I do not drive long periods of time in the dark, but better for me to see where I am going than a little discomfort from oncoming momentary traffic. If I am following some one I drop them down to low. Dealer couldn't help the problem.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 07:19 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

My '05 Suncruiser's headlights are fine.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 09:58 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

We are on the road now and have driven at night more than in the past. We also noted pretty weak low beam performance...our's are halogen sealed beams so not sure if they can be replaced with brighter sealed beams. If you have bulbs that can be replaced, suggest you get some Silverstar bulbs. I use them in my car and they are quite bright.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 09:05 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

My 2005 was almost undriveable at night. I had the headlights aligned by the delear (I'm sure they didn't do this at the factory) and is now almost acceptable. The tech did mention he had to replace several parts in order to make the headlights even capable of aiming at the road. It appears the "normal" adjustment is for spotting airplanes.