Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2007, 08:10 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I am thinking of replacing our 2 original coach batteries with 2 Trojan T-105 golf batteries but am concerned about whether the batteries will fit in the space alloted under the stairs. Unfortuately the rig is hundreds of miles away from me and I cannot measure the space where the batteries are installed.

Can anyone who has this model tell me if they have installed golf batteries in that space?

Thank you!

steeleaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:10 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I am thinking of replacing our 2 original coach batteries with 2 Trojan T-105 golf batteries but am concerned about whether the batteries will fit in the space alloted under the stairs. Unfortuately the rig is hundreds of miles away from me and I cannot measure the space where the batteries are installed.

Can anyone who has this model tell me if they have installed golf batteries in that space?

Thank you!

Old 02-13-2007, 08:13 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reply </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They will fit. I have them in my 04 Adventurer. Had to drill and relocate the battery clamp brackets, but no big deal.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:15 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thank you very much for your help!

Now to see if the budget can afford 2 or 4 of them!

Old 02-14-2007, 07:57 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

We have just been told by our dealer that the golf cart batteries will not fit in the step compartment.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:20 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Then there must be some difference in the stepwell dimemsions between the 04 and 05 or possibly between the 37B and 38R floorplans. Regardless, they fit in mine because they are in there.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:44 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I have a 36M Voyage and just ran out and checked the compartment in it. It is 12" from the bottom of the battery tray to the top of the seal on the step. The batteries(golf cart style) measure 9 1/2" to the top of the case and another 1" to top of terminals. That leaves me an inch of space but I put a thick piece of rubber pad on top just in case. I also had to gett longer bolts and drill the tray to make it work. Good Luck. I f you need any more measurements let me know as the house is stored here at home.

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara
GLTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote