Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-10-2006, 05:00 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Greyhound:
I see by the post that I apparently opened a can of worms when I indicated how I felt about the term cheater and used it in the same sentence as stealing.
First off, I really don't care what anyone does at an RV park. They pay for what they get. The point I was making (and apparently was not clear) is those who go into a park that offers 50-30-20 on the pedestal, charges an additional dollar or two for the 50 amps only to go into the park and find the person that paid for 30, drawing 50 when it is readily available. Having done a tour as a workamper in rv parks, I have seen this.
I hope this clears things up. What you do is your business and it is not my place, nor anyone elses to tell you otherwise.
Bob </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Greyhound..I think I go it. You sure know how to throw in a zinger...lol. Hope you have a great Christmas & wonderful New Year!!

06'Winnebago Adventurer 35A
It's A Good Life!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:57 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Hi you guys make me laugh, over here in europe 16amps is the most you will ever get so roughly equal to your 30. But more common is 10 or even 6amp, try running an aircon or microwave on that.

Olley
Old 12-11-2006, 10:50 AM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Hey Olley, is your Brave using 120vac appliances like the A/C and microwave, or have they been converted to 240vac? Was that a Winnebago conversion or done in the UK?
Old 12-11-2006, 02:13 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Hi Troth no all the appliances are original 110v don't know any RVer over here who changes them, we just fit a 240-110 reversable tranny.
On shoreline 240-110, start the genny and you get 110-240.

Olley
Old 12-11-2006, 04:53 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by It's A Good Life!!:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Greyhound:
I see by the post that I apparently opened a can of worms when I indicated how I felt about the term cheater and used it in the same sentence as stealing.
First off, I really don't care what anyone does at an RV park. They pay for what they get. The point I was making (and apparently was not clear) is those who go into a park that offers 50-30-20 on the pedestal, charges an additional dollar or two for the 50 amps only to go into the park and find the person that paid for 30, drawing 50 when it is readily available. Having done a tour as a workamper in rv parks, I have seen this.
I hope this clears things up. What you do is your business and it is not my place, nor anyone elses to tell you otherwise.
Bob </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Greyhound..I think I go it. You sure know how to throw in a zinger...lol. Hope you have a great Christmas & wonderful New Year!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Christopher,
May you and yours have a great Christmas & a wonderful New Years also.
Perhaps our paths will cross somewhere down the road. Look for a 2005 Adventurer with Master Chief where the front license plate should be.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:34 AM   #26
Winnebago Watcher

FWIW, my wife does porcelain dolls and we carry a 110-volt kiln for her firings. Our MH takes a 50A feed so I usually plug her kiln into a 20A outlet if available or into a 30A using a 30-20 adapter I made (her kiln has the special 110V-20A plug with one blade turned sideways). I alway check the CG's rules before using more than one outlet and have only found one in the last 60 CGs that said anything about not using more than one pedestal outlet. If they don't preclude it, I do it!

2002 Chev Trailblazer 2WD
QuirkyObserver is offline   Reply With Quote