Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Fried Dimensions Converter

Hi to all, My question is; has anyone had any experience with the Dimensions converter that powers the tv. I accidently crossed battery cables a while back and blew out a lot of fuses. I replaced all of them except anything for the Dimensions converter. Has anyone had experience with this item? Does it have a fuse and where is it located. Surely it has a fail safe fuse for dummies like me. I asked the people at Witstock and they were half hearted about their answer so I hope someone here will be able to help. Can it be fixed with a fuse or will it have to be replaced? If so, how?? All suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, Al Spivey
Al Spivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:38 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Here is a link to WIT Club News Service Tips from June 2002 about Dimension Inverter Troubleshooting
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:39 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Smile

Al,
Which unit do you have, or which coach and year do you have? My inverter "broke" because it would not charge the batteries. At the "all in one" panel it would remain in the float position and disconnecting everything (and then reconnecting) it would not change. Dimensions has a flat rate of $471 to repair or replace your unit. Just call them.
The output fuse is on the box and is just a push button. Also, did you check the ground fault socket for the tv?? I ran my coach for three weeks with just a battery charger until the Dimension's was replaced. Runs like a charm now.
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:02 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Dennis, Thanks for your reply. My coach is an 04 Winnie Adventurer 35U. Great machine. The inverter is located over the passenger side of the front area next to the tv. Like I said earlier, I fried a lot of fuses when I accidently crossed my battery cable. I was able to replace numerous fuses and everything works. Anyway, I have tried the reset button that is on the front of the unit to no avail. I am asking if there is an internal fuse or reset button that I might look for to try and get the unit to work. At $475. as a look see charge from Dimensions, I may just as soon buy a new one. That figure bites. Any other suggestions. Thanks so much. Al
Old 07-31-2009, 08:41 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Smile

Al,
You just need to find the fuse. Go to this thread and see if it helps direct you to the fuse:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/dime...ter-31877.html

I have a different inverter so I'm not much help. Sorry. But, it appears you have lost power to the inverter. An older thread said the fuse was under the dash?
Hopefully someone has experienced the same problem and can help.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:32 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Hey Dennis, You nailed it. You sent me to right site and they had the right answer. I found the dumb fuse and replaced it and all is well with my dimension inverter. Thank you so much. You saved me a service call and possible replacement of the inverter. I knew that Winnebago had fail safe equipment for Dummies Like Me. Also, this is proof positive that the Winnie forum works no matter how dumb the question, there is always some nice person with a right answer. Thanks again, Al
Old 07-31-2009, 07:36 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Al,
You are welcome. I was just telling my wife that I need her to put iRV2.com on our business cards because I am always telling my motor home friends to logon to the site for any question they may have. It is always the first site I go to for answers.
I was happy to try to help and know down the road you will help someone else on another problem. I'm sure glad you were able to fix it. It is always exciting to tackle a problem and solve it.
Safe and enjoyable travels.