Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-06-2006, 11:59 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Are there any alternatives to replacing a broken fog light on my 06 Meridian other than with a stock unit? It looks like there is a nice space to utilize a round light. I don't use them that often, but it looks kinda tacky with one shattered lens.
Pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:59 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Are there any alternatives to replacing a broken fog light on my 06 Meridian other than with a stock unit? It looks like there is a nice space to utilize a round light. I don't use them that often, but it looks kinda tacky with one shattered lens.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:54 PM   #3
gMw
Winnebago Owner

Doug,

My coach is a bit older than yours, but I just replaced the fog lights with round driving lights. The driving light I purchased mounted easily.

Wiring wise, I simply replaced the connectors on the driving lights with ones that match the ones on Journey.

The installation went smooth and took less than 2 hours to complete, and I took my time.
gMw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:14 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Where did you purchase the light, that replaced the fog lights? I have a 2002 Horizon, do you think I could do the same? I never use my fog light, and have been told the fog lights, are very expensive to replace. Dont know.
richierich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:32 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Doug, good topic. I just found one of my fog lights broken and had the same thought for a replacement. Waiting to hear from the members..
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:14 PM   #6

We lost the driver side fog light somewhere between Forest City and Rapid City, SD. I sent for a new one from www.mobilityrv.com They are Winnebago, but not Winnebago. Check out their web site. Have your coach ID # handy when you call and they can tell you exactly what you need. I think ours cost about $89, a little expensive, but sure looks better than a "big hole" in the front.
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:47 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

The fog light was the first thing to to break and be replaced on our coach. We did not know better so bought one on the net (50.00).

Later was told that Wal-Mart has a 'will fit' for less than 10.00. Never checked it out as things like that make me crazy.

Have since learned I never use the fog lights so it is a pretty expensive decoration.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:30 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Just replaced (now BOTH broken) OEM fog lamps after our trip to Chama, NM. Found a "Pro Burners Series", QH-75IT, Driving lights kit at Wal-Mart, for about $20. I used the bulb base socket from the original bulb and soldered the wires from the new lights to the old bulb base. This allows a change back to the original lights with no surgery. The original brackets can be bent to fit the new lamps very easily, just use a longer metric bolt than comes with the new lamps. The kit comes with wiring and a switch which you can put in your "I might be able to use this later" pile. These are a blueish lamp and a lot brighter (55W) than the originals, had a chance to use them last night ont the way home when all the power was out on the north end of the Island.