Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2010, 09:13 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

One question . . .

Have you considered a private sale for your purchase?

The reason that I ask is while I was in a much lower price range when I was shopping (2 years ago), the dealers were completely crazy on the prices that they were asking compared to the value that they were adding.

Between the season and economy, I would consider this a buyer's market. When we were looking, the first unit we saw was easily worth over $20,000 . . . gas had just hit $4/gal. and the seller would accept $12,000. In the few days it took me to get some cash together, it was gone.

I'm not sure exactly where you are, but based on the location of one of the links you posted I took a very quick look at Craigslist. I have no connection to either of these nor am I endorsing them for you . . . just as an example of what's out there look at these and remember . . . private OR dealer . . . they can ASK any price . . . you are free to offer what it's worth to you.

2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor

Fourwinds Hurricane Motorhome
Old 11-11-2010, 09:51 AM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Sure.. as of right now I have both my current trailer and truck for sale. So buying privately is definitely a option. We are in the looking stages and if it takes me until spring to find a good one that is what we will do.
I just want to see as many motorhomes in various price ranges.

The one posted above is on consignment and the owner is will ing to put new Michelin tires on it along with the Blue Ox tow bar and related equipment.

He is "asking" $62K and offering my $10K for my trade.

So would saying $57,000 - $10,000 (trade) be reasonable if everything check out?
Old 11-11-2010, 10:19 AM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Hi,

It finished looking at the puctures of the 2004 Adventurer and it is exactly as ours which we really like the floor plan including the 2 pantries. I bought ours new with 35 miles on it and it now has 48K on it. We just returned home this Summer from a 11,361 mile round trip from NC to AK and back with a lot of stops along the way.

This rv performs well and I tow a Honda Civic on a tow dolly with no problems. I get about 7.5-8.0 mpg with the 8.1 liter v8 and Alison tranny.The heat pump works great as all the other ammenities on the unit.

If you get the Adventurwer you will be very happy with it. Like previously stated you will have a few problems but since you are buying used, most of the kinks should be taken care of but if not Winebago in Forest City will be available to help you I'm sure.

Good Luck and let us know when you take delivery of this fine coach.

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:02 PM   #24
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-NC View Post
Hi,

It finished looking at the puctures of the 2004 Adventurer and it is exactly as ours which we really like the floor plan including the 2 pantries. I bought ours new with 35 miles on it and it now has 48K on it. We just returned home this Summer from a 11,361 mile round trip from NC to AK and back with a lot of stops along the way.

This rv performs well and I tow a Honda Civic on a tow dolly with no problems. I get about 7.5-8.0 mpg with the 8.1 liter v8 and Alison tranny.The heat pump works great as all the other ammenities on the unit.

If you get the Adventurwer you will be very happy with it. Like previously stated you will have a few problems but since you are buying used, most of the kinks should be taken care of but if not Winebago in Forest City will be available to help you I'm sure.

Good Luck and let us know when you take delivery of this fine coach.

Thanks for the great summery of your Adventurer. Sounds promising.
Tomorrow (Friday) I will have lots of time to look at the 04 Adventurer and a 04 Itasca 32V. Then to talk some numbers.. I have some numbers for the trailer and truck, if they are lower then I will just keep on trying to sell them privately over the winter.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:39 PM   #25
Winnie-Wise

Hello again.. well here we have some pictures to show you..

Here is the 2004 Winnebago Adventurer 33V. Make sure to watch the video..
Click here

And here is the 2004 Itasca Suncruiser 32V. Click here

"Asking" for the Winnebago is $62K and the Itasca is $60K

They both have about the same milage.

The Winnebago has less hours on the generator.

The Winnebago will have six new Michelin tires.

The Winnebago will also include the Blue Ox tow bar along with the brake controller.

So far the Winnebago is the front runner..

Please let me know what you think..
Old 11-12-2010, 07:16 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug512 View Post
Well thanks again for all the good information. This weekend we are going to look at the following:

2004 Itasca Sunrise 32V, 38,000 miles, $59,999

2003 Fleetwood Bounder 35R, 50,600 miles, $59,995

2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U, 42,500 miles, $53,995

2004 Coachman Aurora 3480 DS-F, 25,000 miles, $54,995

My question is why is the 2000 Itasca priced around the newer models? Is the Suncruiser a nicer trim package ?

Thanks again..
Itasca better quality with winnebago
Beast1989 is offline   Reply With Quote