Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2006, 03:13 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by St.Germain:
There are actually 2 boards there and one is piggybacked to the other. The top has the shedding relays and has a 6 screw connector. The bottom board is the logis circuits. I'm sure you'll find the same problem as mine. There were some SMT resistors that overheated and they kinda just fell off when I touched them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you tell me if the board(s) are held in with screws or with clips?? I didn't look at the board with the intention of removing it but I did notice what looked like a clip on one end of the board.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:33 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

They're connected with a soldered in ribbon wire on the left side and the replacement will be those 2 boards. They can't be separated or replaced separatly..
Steve St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:26 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Had the same problem with my 05 Journey 34 H. Called Intertec. They said the problem was on the control board and replacement was required. They replaced the board free and allowed 1 hour repair time even though I was out of warrantee (took two hours and cost me $70). Had the board replaced and system is fine. Intertec indicated this was not a rare problem.
jbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:28 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

PHESPE & St Germain & jbowers;

I received a new EMS control board from Intellitec. I installed it today. Took all of 10 minutes. Flipped the breakers on and all is OK now.

I looked at the old board and all the resistors on the 110v side of the board were burned.

I emailed Intellitec and asked them what could cause the burned resistors on the 110v side of the board. They told me they received a supply of resistors that were mis-labeled.

Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:44 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Mine was so bad that I rubbed my finger across the resistors and they just fell off.
Steve St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 06:57 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

when i plug into 20 amps my ems reads 30 amps witha 1 to 2 amp draw...is this the same problem...

thanks for the help
peter griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:23 PM   #27
Winnebago Watcher

I have the same problem with the Intellitec EMS board with resistors falling off and a burnt board (see pic below, before I wiped it)only one left after wiping it.
And as far as receiving a supply of miss-labeled resistors this is not true at all quote from Intellitec.

As far as Intellitec company goes I would not recomend them to anybody as they will not warrant their product, come up with every excuss they can dream up. (ie:-power surge)

Had it checked by (USAF)electronics expert
he said it was more likely caused by a cold solder joint.
I have a couple of their emails as proof.

I am going to take the issue up with Winnebago.

For the time being, I made temp repaires to the board.

We have a brand new Itasca 2006 Ellipse delivered in 2007 but since that time it has been at the factory or dealer trying to get things fixed.
We have not used the coach yet??? Another couple of months to get it fixed, then hope to use it.
Wayne
http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=10153&limit=recent[/IMG]
WayKar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:21 PM   #28
Winnie-Wise

Add me to the group with surface mount resistor problems. Last fall my amp draw started to indicate wrong (to low) and then a couple of weeks ago it indicated only 30 amp service no matter if the generator was running or 50 amps was connected. I also could not toggle between 20 and 30 amp service anymore. I found two resistors missing on the smaller AC control board and marks on the board that the resistors had been running much to hot. There are four groups of 2 parallel resistors that are getting to hot. They are marked 363 meaning they are 36K ohm resistors. The remaining resistors measure the correct resistance, so I question that it had anything to do with mislabeled resistors as mentioned in an previous response. The remaining resistors are also running to hot as evidenced by the black PC board. Looks more like to much current going through the resistors. Bad design in other words.

My problems however are only partially fixed when I replaced the resistors. The service type indication is now correct again (MG, 50A or 30/20A) but amperage being drawn is still indicating to low. Looks like I am going to have to replace the board anyhow.

I thought I would add this for future reference for someone with similar problems.
Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:19 PM   #29
Winnebago Master

Glad to see all the responses as this problem can be very perplexing.
Thanks to all who answered.

Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:37 AM   #30
Winnebago Owner

Power surge shuts down all power w/ 2nd A/C

When plugged into 30 amp circuit during 90+ outside temp, running A/C only amperage spikes to 50 and shuts off all shore power. I believe it is the 2nd A/C compressor that tries to come on and causes the surge. Are there any ideas on what to do about it? Shouldn't the EMS automatically prevent the 2nd compressor from coming on? Any ideas on what to check?

Towing a 2011 Honda CRV
Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote