Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2005, 04:22 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

On my 2005 Journey there is a place on the dash board for a switch for docking lights and there is a cable/connector behind the dash (next to the blank switch position) that is not plugged into anything and also a spare indicator lamp.

I assume that an appropriate switch could be added to the empty space (labeled Docking Lights) and the spare connector would plug into it. I assume that the wiring harness is the same for various models and maybe the 2005 Vectra does have docking lights. Therefore, the wiring is there but not used on the Journey. Also, is there a 12v fuse for docking lights on the Vectra?

Now my question - If all the above is true (??) where would the docking lights be on the 2005 Vectra (or other model that have docking lights). If I can find out where to look I may be able to install docking lights using the existing wiring etc.

Thanks for any info

PHE
PHESPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 04:22 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

On my 2005 Journey there is a place on the dash board for a switch for docking lights and there is a cable/connector behind the dash (next to the blank switch position) that is not plugged into anything and also a spare indicator lamp.

I assume that an appropriate switch could be added to the empty space (labeled Docking Lights) and the spare connector would plug into it. I assume that the wiring harness is the same for various models and maybe the 2005 Vectra does have docking lights. Therefore, the wiring is there but not used on the Journey. Also, is there a 12v fuse for docking lights on the Vectra?

Now my question - If all the above is true (??) where would the docking lights be on the 2005 Vectra (or other model that have docking lights). If I can find out where to look I may be able to install docking lights using the existing wiring etc.

Thanks for any info

PHE
Old 07-05-2005, 12:54 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

The Meridian, sister version of Journey, comes with docking lights.

Paul
ppeter313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:22 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PHESPE:
Now my question - If all the above is true (??) where would the docking lights be on the 2005 Vectra (or other model that have docking lights). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The docking lights on my Horizon are in the area of the rear tires about three or four feet high. They are recessed in the fibreglass and are angled at about 45 degrees or so.

--John

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 04:02 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

The Vectra/Horizon docking lights are mounted directly behind the rear wheels on the body panel that surrounds the wheel.

Winnebago's part number for the docking light is 129746-01-000. You'd need one for each side.

Tom Nagy
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 02:39 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Thanks to all
The Information is just what I had hoped for. And a special thanks to ToM N for the part #s

PHE
Old 07-07-2005, 01:28 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

The docking lights on the Meridian are located on the corners of the rear "bumper" so look around there for the wiring harness.

Paul
ppeter313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:26 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Sorry for the dumb question, but what are docking lights?

Old 07-18-2005, 04:05 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sorry for the dumb question, but what are docking lights? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like backup lights but usually on the side of the vehicle rather than on the rear. Used to assist when backing into a dark camp site (ie at night).

PHE
Old 07-18-2005, 04:33 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Like backup lights but usually on the side of the vehicle rather than on the rear. Used to assist when backing into a dark camp site (ie at night). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Or when pulling in also but some people have stated they only work when backing. Not sure just why.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:01 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Docking lites on the 2005 Vectra Models are on the passenger and driver sides just behhind the the rear tires at approx the tires height

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
kenbt is offline   Reply With Quote