Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2007, 09:55 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

We are very satisfied with both our MHs. Like most owners, we had some warranty repairs in the beginning. Now we just do routine maintenance. So far, no major repairs, even with our 5 year old Minnie. Of course we change the tires of our Minnie already. We also get annual complimentary oil/lube service from the dealership we bought both MHs.

Relax, drive safely, and enjoy God's creations.

2006 Sightseer 33T, W18, 8.1L
mis3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:22 PM   #22
Winnie-Wise

I like our RV now but had to get a lot of bugs fixed, some of which I fixed and some at the dealer and the factory. I wouldn't go so far as to say I love it because I leave that to my wife of 47 years.
This RV is my 3rd Winnebago, 1st was an 87 Minnie Winnie 24', then a 96 Minnie Winnie 31' and now our 04 Adventurer.
Like I tell my friends there will be problems from time to time but imagine driving your house down some of these rotten roads. Also if you spend some time mesing with it you will get to really enjoy it as we do and there is nothing like going from place to place without having to stay just a short time but go when you want and where you want.
Yes I really like my RV and RVing to see this great country of ours and meet new friends.
Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 05:55 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

YES !!!
We are 2nd owners, although 1st owners only used 1 month and about 1000 miles. The coach was like brand new. Purchased from original dealer Hills RV in NH. They were great and the coach prep and walk thru were perfect and it has not been back. Since June 15 2007 we have been away 12 times and over 6,000 miles. The floor plan is perfect for 2 plus cat. We are very happy with the performance, plenty of power towing PT Crusier and easy to drive for both my wife and I. Of course we are Xboaters so moving from a 32' Carver was easy. More Room, Much more storage, more destinations and I can mantain it in my garage.

Since purchase we have done,
2 oil changes
1 transmission flush
(Ford chasiss is 2005, lots of sitting so better safe than sorry)
Cleaned Water Heater connections
Wheel liner fell off, replaced lugnuts
Added 90 deg valve stems to rear out tires
Sirius Radio
(RV Radio Sirius ready, but got the removable head so I can use it TOAD. A great addition)
Variable speed water pump, no more surge
Full coach inverter w/ 6 volt coach batteries
(Planning on a bunch of dry camping)

Complaints:
Grey tank could be bigger
Genset under bedroom is loud
Wall bracket for dinette table is flimsy, not secured to a wall crossbeam.

We would recommend Winnebago highly.

PS Only communication with Winnebago was an email sent about formaldehyde. We received a reply in about an hour explaining all about formaldehyde and what Winnebago does to limit exposure.
XBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:27 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

We are in our second Winnebago coach. Both were purchased used at the age of 2. We never had any major problems with either. Most problems have been things I can repair myself. I have good response from Winnebago & HWH with advise on a couple of problems. I would insist on a Winnebago product for my next coach with HWH slides and jacks. My DW however will not let me trade because she likes our 03 Chieftain floor plan so well & we can't find anything in our price range that comes close. IRV2 & other Winni owners have been a great help to me in working on my maintenance issues. Thank you all.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:52 AM   #25
Winnie-Wise

It's OK! Sometimes when you have problems, you just scratch your head and ask yourself what they were thinking?
Instead of improving what they currently have they come out with newer better problems!
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:01 AM   #26
TAN
Winnebago Owner

It isn't that we have had so many problems it's just that we have had to fight for every bit of warrenty that we have received. 2005 Atisca 29R.