Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2008, 06:37 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Does anyone know where I can find diagrams of the internal connections of the multiple connection switches? I have the wiring diagrams for my MH, but run into a wall when I get the the switches. The Winnebago diagrams do not show which terminals are connected by the switches. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Chas
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:37 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Does anyone know where I can find diagrams of the internal connections of the multiple connection switches? I have the wiring diagrams for my MH, but run into a wall when I get the the switches. The Winnebago diagrams do not show which terminals are connected by the switches. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Chas
Old 04-27-2008, 08:32 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago labels all of its wires as to where they go. The Wiring Identification Guide can be used to decipher the code printed on the wire.

PDF Wiring Identification Guide

Hope this helps
Old 04-27-2008, 09:09 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Thanks for the reply Bobbo. I guess I didn't state my question clearly. I know each circuit is labeled as to where it goes to or comes from and which terminal it connects to on the back of the switch. But the diagrams do not tell which wires are connected to each other by the switch, or conversely which wires are switched to a different circuit when the switch is operated. What I'm looking for are diagrams of the electrical connections inside the switches. For example, a hypothetical switch may connect terminal 1 and 5 together when it is in one position, but in another position it may connect terminal 5 to terminal 2 and terminal 3 to terminal 6. Again, thanks for the effort.
Chas
Old 04-27-2008, 09:16 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Checking the switch contacts with a continuity meter in the different switch positions should give you what you seek.

2002 36GD Journey DL
Robert Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:11 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Here is good information on how 3 way switches work and how to wire them 3 Way Switches
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:15 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Chas, I know what you mean. Winnie supplies wiring diagrams which helps in a lot of cases, but they do not supply functional schematics. It makes it much harder to figure out how a circuit works, if you have to analyze each little blank box in their wire diagrams .... like which contacts are N.C or N.O. in a simple switch.

I wanted to redistribute the L1 & L2 loads at the 120v breaker box so that I don't blow the L1 breaker in my 7500 Onan. The wire diagrams just don't show enough functional schematic info to make these projects as easy as they could be if we had more complete data from Winnie.

Sorry I couldn't help you, but I can sympathize with you.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:06 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Bill,
Thanks for the understanding. I wasn't trying to troubleshoot any particular problem, just trying to understand the way it normally works,and what normally connects to what. In my many years I have improved many electrical and mechanical devices with my own modifications. Being able to see which connections are switched to which other connections without having to resort to pulling switches out of the wall and running 20 foot test leads greatly aids in the process. It is nice to know that someone understands.
Chas