Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2007, 06:55 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I have the brochure for our 04 Sunrise. It says I have daytime running lights, however they are not there. Where do I look to check?

I want to add Driving lights. I would like some hints where to take the power for them if anyone has any experience.

I have printed some of the wiring diagrams and have as yet not found the answers.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:55 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I have the brochure for our 04 Sunrise. It says I have daytime running lights, however they are not there. Where do I look to check?

I want to add Driving lights. I would like some hints where to take the power for them if anyone has any experience.

I have printed some of the wiring diagrams and have as yet not found the answers.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:33 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

They are the headlights at a lower intensity. Start the engine put in park and look at the headlights. If you don't see them get someone to help and put in Drive and check. They probably are on any time the engine is running.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:42 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

My DRLs are designed to come on ONLY when the engine is running, the transmission is in a forward gear, and the parking brake is off.

That said, my DRLs often do not come on unless I turn the headlights on and then back off. I can tell whether or not they are on from the cockpit if I turn on the fog lights and check the monitor light that tells me the fogs are on. The headlights have to be fully on or DRLs have to be on before the fog lights will come on.

If you have DRLs, you will have a small DRL module somewhere. Mine is a rectangle box that looks much like a turn signal flasher. It says "DRL" on it, which makes it easy in my case! My items like that are together in a basement storage compartment with a 12v breaker/fuse panel. In my experience, many gas rigs have the flasher modules, etc loose under the dash.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:30 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

When I took my MH in for a dead dashboard problem, they found the daytime running light control module was also dead. The lights did not work from the day I took delivery on the MH. As far as I knew, it didn't have these lights. Now that the module has been replaced, they work fine.

Go figure!
Old 10-04-2007, 02:10 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I am aware of how the FRLs are supposed to work. My questions is does this model actually have the capability installed? Winnebago has stated they exist on other models and they decided not to put them in anyway!

Additionally I was hoping other owners might tell me where the module may be located on this model so I can check. Additionally is there a fuse that should be checked to permit operation and if so what fuse.

Please don't forget the Driving light question.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:36 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

The DRL's also will not come on if the parking brake pedal is not completely and fully out against the stop. Sometimes at night I will run my PB one click down to kill the DRL's to avoid disturbing other campers.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote