Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 03:11 PM   #41

Sounds like there is two good alternatives for the Parrallax/Magnatek converter replacements!!!

PS. I have no interest in Progressive Dynamics either...I bought it on many many recommendations by other members on lots of other forums, and because it was a true 3-stage charger, had a Desulphate mode, was more than 40 amps capacity, and of course, the price....$155 brand new!

Edit: I do wish I would have gone with the 60 amp model though, as 45 amps is really on the low end.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:20 PM   #42
Winnie-Wise

Here's an outfit that names a few other converters.

With all the discussion of boiling batteries, I put a three prong plug mechanical timer ($15.00 @ Menards) and have it set to power my Parallax for 2 hours a day. Seems to be holding the batteries at 12.8 or so and I don't have excessive water usage.
I do this while in storage and then remove the timer when we're on the road. I like the mechanical timer because if there is a power outage, I don't have to go out and reset everything.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:43 PM   #43
Winnebago Camper

Gr8 site Donavan. I use it frequently.

Bob D

2003 Itasca Suncruiser 38G Workhorse W22 8.1L, 2005 Grand Cherokee Toad
Old 10-30-2007, 03:42 AM   #44
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob/Becky D - VA:
Gr8 site Donavan. I use it frequently.

Bob D </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Bob and DonavonP,

Thanks for your posts helping to keep this thread clear, concise, fair, balanced, relative...and open minded.

Pubtym
Old 10-30-2007, 04:50 AM   #45

This thread was one that I started several months ago about upgrading my single stage converter to a 3-stage charger/converter. I will point out that I never had battery problems or failed to check battery levels. It was just a thread to report that I upgraded to what I liked, and what I replaced it with. The converter upgrade is so that a person can be assured that you have correct and proper battery charging, unlike the Parallax/Magnatek that Winnie uses as OEM in our units. If you have another converter preference, great!!! This thread was never intended to be a converter comparison chart.....it's just a converter change out report...that's all folks.

Maybe someone can start a new topic with a converter/charger comparison.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:25 AM   #46
Administrator in Memoriam

This thread was closed to further posts due to several 'flaming' rule violations.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Rules and Guidelines:

By participating in the Forums and Private Messages, you agree that you will not upload, post or otherwise transmit any content (including test, links, communications, software, images, sounds, data or other information) that (rule 7) attacks, insults or "flames" another iRV2 Member, Moderator or Administrator;

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Closed Thread