Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2009, 04:07 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via Skype™ to disup
Finally completed my DTV converter box installation in our 38J. Would like to pass along some possible tips for any other late installers like myself. Basically I found the easiest installation on front TV was to wire the Converter box in between the TV antenna out and the Wineguard control box over TV cabinet. That is if you are intending to watch different programs at the same time. The rear TV I wired according to instructions that came with Insignia control box. The only problem with the rear TV was getting the strap that is secured around the TV loosened due to the glue that Winnie put on the strap sticking to the TV. Any questions I will be glad to try to help after returning on Fri. from the Super Show in Tampa
disup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:34 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Disup, I just today did pretty much what you did , worked out fine on my 04 33v, after the "glue deal" was found and solved. I originally put both converter boxs together in the Pass.side O'head, but then discovered that the remotes aren't "discrete, either one will tune the other one, thus the need to separate the boxs.....What are you doing re: your DVD/VHS player?.. rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:53 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I'm getting ready to change out the front cabinet tv in my 38J. Anyone done that yet? I found a Sharp Aquos that is 30 1/2 inches wide at Best Buy.

I almost have it figured out.

2015 Itasca Meridian 42E
LeonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:31 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I am having a heck of a time with my front RCA tv.
The antenna lead from the amplifier goes in to the control box. out of it , the antenna to tv goes to the converter and out of the converter to the tv. All I get on the tv screen is a no data signal .
The rear tv programed just fine. I installed the back converter under the tv with velcro
About ready to start looking for a front tv replacement. In search I found some installed a Sony 26" #KDL26S2010 as a perfect fit without cabinet redo.
RCtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:19 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via Skype™ to disup
Seems like the same wiring set up I used and initially got same nosignal message also. I have an Insignia DTV box and had to load local channels with remote. If you are still having problems write me again and I will double check my wiring. Disup.
disup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:46 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Disup, have you been able to integrate your dvd/vhs unit into your new system?...rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:47 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Are you getting the setup screen from the convertor box? I fooled and fooled with mine and found out the box was bad.

2015 Itasca Meridian 42E
LeonB is offline   Reply With Quote