Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2015, 07:31 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Converter

Hello everyone, I have a 1999 Winnebago adventurer on a freightliner chassis model 34V. Does anyone know exactly where the converter is located. The owners manual is not very clear on this, at least not to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, John
johnny1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:55 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Hi John,

RV's like yours mostly used a combination AC/DC panel with the converter built in. If you remove the front cover of your AC breaker panel (disconnect your AC source power to be safe) then you will likely see the converter under the breaker panel.
BatteryPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:59 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

On my 97 Adventurer it is located under the drawers, under kitchen sink. You must pull the drawers out of their rails to see it.
Lt46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 01:11 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Varies with serial number on most makes, Depends on what power distribution center they were using that week.

A general rule of thumb (Which sometimes results in a sore thumb)

IF you open a single panel (NOT cabinet but the last panel you open) and behind it find both 12 volt fuses/breakers and 120 volt breakers.

Good chance the converter is part of that assembly behind the ac panel.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:33 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Page 6-3 of the 1999 Adventurer Operator Manual describes the location of the converter. Also, looking at page 10 of the Body, Wiring Installation diagram for your coach (I'm assuming your have the 34H) you can see the 120V outlet the converter plugs into at E-4 on the diagram.

On Edit: Just re-read the OP post and see it's actually the 34V (diesel), so here's the correct Body, Wiring Installation diagram. The converter outlet is shown at location E-6 on page 5.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 03:35 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Location: DW Driver -Winter Englewood FL, Summer Willingboro NJ
All those references to drawing help but try looking under the norcold. there might be a grill with 8 screws. after you get there think about replacing with a progressive 65 watt
Old 01-20-2015, 01:43 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

converter

Thanks to everyone who answered my thread on the location of the converter in my 1999 adventurer 34V. I finally found it on the floor under the oven. You have to pull the drawer under the oven completely out and there it is bolted to the floor. Now all i have to do if figure out what to do with it. O well, thats for another day. John
johnny1942 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converter