Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-25-2008, 04:56 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I just noticed yesterday that all my compartment lights are not working.So far I have checked the breaker with no results but could be a bad breaker. I replaced the bulbs with no change.Anyone know of anything else I could check before I contact the repair shop?
jimo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:56 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I just noticed yesterday that all my compartment lights are not working.So far I have checked the breaker with no results but could be a bad breaker. I replaced the bulbs with no change.Anyone know of anything else I could check before I contact the repair shop?
Old 03-25-2008, 05:18 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Dont know what kind of Motorhome you have but did you check to see if you have a switch inside your coach. I have a control switch inside my entry door that controls all the side box compartment lights incase I forget to turn one off. The switch inside turns off all power to the compartment lights. Hope this helps.Ron

Celebration Florida
Ron and Patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 05:23 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ron and Patti:
The switch inside turns off all power to the compartment lights. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
jim03,
Your Sightseer most likely has a master switch, just as Ron stated.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:38 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Yup, I felt pretty foolish when I brought that up as one of the punch list items when taking the unit back for it's initial adjustments covered by the warranty.

When I mentioned to the tech that the compartment lights weren't working, he went over to the bank of switches adjacent to the front door and flipped the switch.

That was embarrassing.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:46 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

One additional thing to check is if the water compartment light is switched separately from your other compartment lights. Our water compartment light is switched with our scare lights & engine compartment light on the dash. All the rest of the compartment lights are switched next to the entry door. I too did the when I took our coach to the dealer complaining the water compartment light was broken (after changing the bulb) & the tech went to the dash switch & flipped it on & wallah! the water compartment light came on.

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:11 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks every one. we have a 2006 Sightseer and I have never noticed a switch that I don't know it's purpose but that doesn't mean there is not one.Will keep searching. Thanks again.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:58 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimo3:
Thanks every one. we have a 2006 Sightseer and I have never noticed a switch that I don't know it's purpose but that doesn't mean there is not one.Will keep searching. Thanks again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep....your compartment light "main switch" is in your stairwell.
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:31 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Well, Spent most of morning serching and have come up with nothing. I do not have a switch for the compartment lights that I can find. Guess I will have to make an appointment with my dealer and have them see if they can find the switch or repair the problem. Thanks to everyone who replied.Appreciate it.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:17 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Jimo3,
Assuming you have a Winnebago, you can call the Winnebago service #

Service Administration
(800)-537-1885

For inquiries related to your current vehicle, service, or dealer inquires, please have the following information ready when making your call:
"¢ Complete 12 digit serial number
"¢ Date of purchase
"¢ Selling dealers name

I dont think you really need the selling dealer name or the date of purchase. If you are not the original owner you can register with Winnebago too. The other thing you can do is look up the coach specs. This is the web site for winnebago
http://www.winnebagoind.com/. Under the "resource tab go down to the manuals and diagrams and input your coach info. That will tell you if you do have a switch for the compartment lites and then ya can call Winnie to find out where.
Chocolate lab (Buster)
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:14 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Codgerbill, I don't know why but I completely forgot about Winn customer service. Thanks for the reminder and the #. Will give them a call.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:21 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

I contacted Winn. Customer Service. They were unable to find a switch on the spec. sheet but did recommend that i remove the breaker panel under the frig and make sure all wire were still connected to the breaker. I did as asked and guess what the one wire end for the compt.lights was off the breaker apparently giggled off during travel. FYI. I checked all connections and everyone I was able to move atleast 1/8 inch more onto connection. Keep this in mind if you have any similar problems. Problem solved. Thanks again to everyone and also to you Codgerbill for reminding me about Winn. customer service
Old 03-27-2008, 11:07 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Just curious jimo3, what winnie coach do you have. I mite have a similar problem someday an if my coach is the same as yours............
Chocolate lab (Buster)
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:26 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

We have a 06 Sightseer 33T