Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-19-2010, 08:28 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Coax splitter pyhsical location

I have a '04 Journey 36G and am modifying my TV set up. Anyone know the physical location of the coax splitter that is in the line that feeds the rear TV and the exterior TV. Would like to have an idea about where to look before I start tearing things apart.
Mr_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:41 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Bill,
Try looking withing 3 feet of the back of one of the televisions. They will normally place it at the end of the run for the primary line into the coach/rv. I have a center coach tv and it was behind the Winegarten switching system.

Others with your specific model will be along shortly I would think. Just giving you a place to start - in case.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:57 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Here's a link to the TV Coax Wiring Diagram for your coach. I'm not sure it will tell you the physical location, but it's probably worth taking a look at if you haven't already done so.

On edit: You might also take a look at the TV/VCR, Front Wiring Installation diagram.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:08 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

There are two common "Splitters" used in motor homes. If you have a box of selector buttons.. that's it

If you have a wall plate with a button, light, 12 volt outlet and antenna connector... That's it.

I assume some MH's or trailers have other types of splitters (In fact I know they do) but those are the two most common ones (Airstream, for example, has a different system)
Old 01-19-2010, 04:31 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Mr Bill, I just removed my rear TV in my 2006 36ft Journey last weekend in order to install a LCD. There is a 2 way splitter in the coax cable feeding that TV. I'm not sure where it goes from there.

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:53 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Mr_Bill - Like Sammie, I found the splitter behind the bedroom TV.
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #7
TBI
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2007 Itasca Sunrise 35L. The splitter is located behind the panel where the tank monitor lights and thermostat is located in the hall outside
the bathroom wall. Send an email to Winebago and tell them what you are looking for and they will tell you where it is located. That's how I found mine.

Tom
TBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:16 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

On my 2006 Journey 36G the rear TV cable leaves the Winegard selector box on the upper front A/V cabinet and is somehow routed to a spot under the floor panel inside the bottom of the kitchen sink cabinet. It is split there to allow one branch to go to the external antenna hook up to the outside antenna connection located in the outside radio box. The other end of the split goes to the rear TV.

I was able to get to mine by removing the floor panel of the kitchen cabinet. In order to do so, I had to first remove the inside panel of the lower part of the cabinet that was held in place by four screws. Once you remove this panel you will be looking at the back side of the exterior radio cabinet. There is another panel there that is held on with two screws. Once you remove that second panel, you are looking at the radio and other speaker components. You may be able to get to the splitter at that point. If you can not, then you will need to remove the bottom piece from the inside of the kitchen cabinet. This is done by removing approximately eight or so screws located around the perimeter. Along the right side of the bottom piece there were two or three screws holding the base floor of the cabinet that go back along where the sink covers are stored that are a bit of a pain to get to.

Once I got the cabinet bottom removed I was able to get to that splitter. I was running a new antenna line off that splitter to a TV in the passenger side storage compartment and a audio line up from the TV to the outside radio so that I could hook up an exterior TV and then run the audio output of the TV to the exterior stereo to get better sound when at various race tracks. My exterior radio has an aux jack input which I used as a line in from the TV.

Good luck and let us know what you find.
CWHTRAINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:27 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Info from Winnebago

I spoke to a service rep at Winnebago and was told that the splitter on my coach should be behind the bedroom TV.

I had looked at all the drawings for the coach that I thought might show coax routing with no luck. It is shown on the 12V wiring drawings. I'll post the results when I get to put the bedroom TV and take a look.

Thanks for all the replies!
Mr_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote