Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Coax Cables

I'm trying to find a schmatic that shows the coax cable runs in a 2002 Brave. I can find pluming and electrical wiring but I don't see one for the coax cables. I'm going to install a Directv slimline dish with swm and I would like to know where the cables run.

Thanks
captgadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

This has gone unanswered so I will take a crack. You may need to buy or borrow a signal tracer Test-Um TG455 Tonax Coax Tone Generator, TG-455 Testum - at Test Equipment Depot
Shadowcatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:13 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Well, I finally got that box out tonight and was able to finally find the cable that goes to the tv in the bedroom. Thank you for your suggestion.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:50 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

It seems strange, but the coax is shown on the 12V installation and drawings pages, There's not much but it is there. On my 01 35U and the 08 35J, there is one coax from the dish to the forward overhead compartment. On mine, there is a plate for the elevation sensor and that is where the coax was found. From that compartment there is one going back (in the roof) to the bedroom and lower compartment. This one cannot be used for satellite because, at least on mine, there are splitters. I ran a 2nd RG6 from the satellite dish to the front compartment because I use a DVR with dual tuners and need 2 coax's. What I did was attach 2 new RG'6's to the factory installed coax and used it to pull the new ones in. As for the bedroom, we don't use it but I may run coax from the utility compartment to that TV and use it when we use a tripod.

Also, I ran 2 coax from the front compartment down the wondow post to the front grill. That is where I plug in the tripod if we can't use the roof mounted dish. I have simple antenna switch (Radio Shack) on each COAX that connects the roof or tripod.

Hope this helps a little.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:27 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

On my ex 2002 Brave, I ran a coax from a outside connector that I installed just behind the drivers mirror to under the dash, then up inside the driver windshield post to the overhead compartment and connected to the sat receiver, connected the sat receiver to the existing sat connector in the driver overhead compartment that runs over to the distribution box in the passenger overhead.

Also the cable run to the rear tv has a splitter somewhere that separates the rear tvc and the outside entertainment center tv connector, so it can't be used for sat input.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I suppose this is really a stupid question, but any idea where they locate that splitter so I can take it out?
Old 11-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

A "young lady" (Ok, not so young) here in the Campground is having issues with her TV.. She hooked up to cable but NO SIGNAL.

Spent some time with her today.. One of the things I did was pull the winegard wall plate out and check the cables hooked to it.... Only there were none.. that's right, it has power all right, but not one coax hooked to it.

We have no clue as to where the park cable runs in that rig,, There is a cable coming out the wall but resistance measurements suggest it runs to the antenna, directly, w/out power.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Never did find mine, thats why I installed the outside receptical.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I found the splitter on my 2002 32' Brave this morning. It's behind the circuit breaker panel above the cook range. Son of a gun to find, but I found it!!! Now, I can remove the splitter, use a barrel connector and run my SWM back to a Directv receiver in the bedroom.