Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-27-2015, 02:54 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

The drawings show that the HDMI cable converts to Cat6 and then back to HDMI. I haven't actually verified that my 2015 Vista 30T is built that way, though. I'm just happy that everything worked right out of the crate.
dezrtracr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:39 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

All good info. Thanks.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:54 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

I was in a heavily wooded campground this last weekend. Winegard recommends a maximum of 50' of coax cable between the Dish receiver and the Pathway X1. I ended up running over a 100' of coax and the system still worked great!
Old 04-06-2015, 05:01 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Hey , I know I started this post, but I given up on the tailgater or maybe coach wiring. I took the coach to CW were I got tail gater & motor home . They seem to know nothing about get it working. I just am not leaving the motor home there for a week or so for them to play with , when I can be on the road enjoying the time I have. They seem to be too busy or they just don't know what to do . Tried two different recivers still no sound. Just venting and wanted to let you know what has happened. The tech told me that the tail gater had to small of a dish to get good reception. I think he just doesn't know. Thanks for all the suggestions of help.
WV Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:14 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Sorry to hear that you were not able to get it to work. The Tailgater does have a small dish and you could have picture problems in very cloudy / rainy weather. But the Tailgater should provide a great picture when it's clear out!
Old 04-06-2015, 06:27 PM   #26
Winnebago Master

WV Bum,was just rereading your post. As I understand you have 2 problems.
First no picture or sound using the internal satellite cable.
Second you have picture but no sound when running your own coax from antenna to receiver.
How old (model number) of your dish receiver? Does it have a HDMI connector in he back or a DVI with converter to HDMI?
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:51 AM   #27
Winnebago Owner

gtharris, thanks, my recivers that I tried were both new and had HDMI connection on back of the recivers. C W doesnt know what the problem is, they wanted me to leave it for a week to check it out . I want to be on the road , not setting at home . I may have a coach wiring problem , they will give my money back on the Tailgater. After he told me that the Dish was small on Tailgater and had a lot of trouble geting satlites on a cloudy or light rain day. I wonder if there is a better Dish being sold.
WV Bum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite, wiring