Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-19-2016, 06:08 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Coach batteries and hydraulic jacks

Hey how are u everybody!!!

I own a 97 itasca sunrise 33rq and my question is this ...

Do i have to have my house batteries in good charched conditions to run my levelings jacks?

I bought it without checking the leveling jacks operation, here is what i do and did

1: refill the hydraulic reservoir with premium automatic transmission fluid it was kind of low
2: turn on engine and leave it for couple of minutes running on idle
3: pres the on/off button to on on panel , light comes green
4: press one of the levelings jacks down and i can hear the gggggggg sound every time i press any of my 4 jacks buttons buuutttt jacks doesn't move down or up

I have the level best panel

Now my batteries are from 2012 and i know that my house batteries doesn't hold the charge and my chassis battery starts the engine with no problems but is from 2012 as well

I notice that when i start the engine my battery voltage indicator on dash gets low then rise up little by little cos i know my stator is charging it

Thats why is my question,,, you guys think that my jacks doesn't go down because of my batteries? Or is there any selenoid switch that can go bad ?

Any help on your experience would be great and thank u very much in advance!!!!!
Jacobnino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:36 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I know it is a little late maybe, but if you bought from a dealer they had to know the problem. I would start there if true. If from a private sale, what was his representation of the lelelling system? If the pump motor is running soundly it either is not getting fluid or maybe a solenoid is not working.
awol50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:39 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by awol50 View Post
I know it is a little late maybe, but if you bought from a dealer they had to know the problem. I would start there if true. If from a private sale, what was his representation of the lelelling system? If the pump motor is running soundly it either is not getting fluid or maybe a solenoid is not working.
Isn't late! Was a private party
I was ticking about the selenoid but i dont really know what's the fusion of the selenoid
Old 10-19-2016, 11:40 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Try connecting to shore power, then try again. Eliminate battery issues this way. Electric motor powers the hydraulic pump which powers the jacks on HWH, assuming yours may be the same?
Gary737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:07 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Send a message via Skype™ to gts1544
We make it a policy to have our engine running whenever we are using the leveling system to provide sufficent electrical power. If your batteries are really bad or badly discharged, they could be siphoning off enough alternator power to prevent your leveling system from operating properly. IMHO gts1544 - George
gts1544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:13 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary737 View Post
Try connecting to shore power, then try again. Eliminate battery issues this way. Electric motor powers the hydraulic pump which powers the jacks on HWH, assuming yours may be the same?
Didnt think about that im pretty new on rv's
Ill try that
Old 10-20-2016, 12:16 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts1544 View Post
We make it a policy to have our engine running whenever we are using the leveling system to provide sufficent electrical power. If your batteries are really bad or badly discharged, they could be siphoning off enough alternator power to prevent your leveling system from operating properly. IMHO gts1544 - George
Even with the engine running jacks doesn't move they make the noise but doesn't move :-(😔
Old 10-20-2016, 07:56 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobnino View Post
Hey how are u everybody!!!

I own a 97 itasca sunrise 33rq and my question is this ...

Do i have to have my house batteries in good charched conditions to run my levelings jacks?

I bought it without checking the leveling jacks operation, here is what i do and did

1: refill the hydraulic reservoir with premium automatic transmission fluid it was kind of low
2: turn on engine and leave it for couple of minutes running on idle
3: pres the on/off button to on on panel , light comes green
4: press one of the levelings jacks down and i can hear the gggggggg sound every time i press any of my 4 jacks buttons buuutttt jacks doesn't move down or up

I have the level best panel

Now my batteries are from 2012 and i know that my house batteries doesn't hold the charge and my chassis battery starts the engine with no problems but is from 2012 as well

I notice that when i start the engine my battery voltage indicator on dash gets low then rise up little by little cos i know my stator is charging it

Thats why is my question,,, you guys think that my jacks doesn't go down because of my batteries? Or is there any selenoid switch that can go bad ?

Any help on your experience would be great and thank u very much in advance!!!!!
All systems have a 12 volt hydraulic pump, a valve body with 12 volt solenoid operated valves that direct fluid to jacks, 12 volt interlock preventing operation with parking brake off, some switches on the jacks to indicate jacks are up. Several possible issues:

- if fluid level was allowed to get too low there may be air in the system that needs to be bled out

- pump may have gone bad and not producing required pressure

- solenoid valves stuck closed
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:28 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I'm pretty sure the jacks run off chassis batteries.

Tags
batteries, hydraulic, jacks