Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesT View Post
Believe me, I have done my homework on this one. I had Sears pull the MSDS, they show the manufacture, Odyssey. Also, I won't use anything but, a sealed battery, so that doesn't leave many option. Further, in AZ because of the heat you are lucky if your battery last more than 2 years.
Yes, you can get cheaper batteries to begin with but, in the long run you will pay more.
I am just saying... if they are go enough for our military, they are good enough for me.
No, not arguing that the Sears Diehard Platinum is made by the same company that makes Odyssey ...just saying that the company that makes both is called "EnerSys," a very well respected company that makes batteries marketed under various names. EnerSys website: click here to see a description of EnerSys and the batteries they make.

Here's the exact same battery under the Odyssey name: click

And the Sears Diehard Platinum you've referenced with the EXACT same specifications ...so I do agree they are the exact same battery only with a different name on the case and in a different color: click

As can be seen, they are identical and if one compares the specifications, it will show that they will be identical also. The Diehard Platinum is a bargain as it is much less expensive than the Odyssey which is, again, the EXACT same battery.

I'm not arguing that those batteries are not top notch. I'm with you on that.

All I'm saying is that it isn't necessary in my case and we've spent a number of summers just outside Death Valley where temperature will get as hot as anywhere in Arizona. Our OEM chassis batteries were replaced at 6 1/2 years as a precaution and we replaced them with the Freightliner Alliance branded battery for under $100 each. If we get another 8+ years out of them, I'll be completely satisfied.

I'm agreeing with you but disagree with you at the same time. I agree that the batteries you are using are great and a top-notch choice. Absolutely no argument from me. I also agree with you that they are made by the same company that makes Odyssey. I didn't dispute that at all.

I'm just saying that for me, I'd rather spend the extra money saved by buying the OEM battery on either coach batteries or something else that I feel would give me more value.

-harry
amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, chassis