Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-16-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Changing the 'porch' light bulb?

I just noticed that the outside 'porch' light on my Vectra isn't lighting, presumably the bulb is burnt out. Is anybody familiar with how one gets at the bulb to change it?

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:52 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

The lens on our porch light is flexible. It has 4 detents (2 on top and 2 on the bottom) that slip into slots on the frame. To remove the lens you gently squeeze it so either the top or bottom detents pop out of the frame. Once either top or bottom are free you can simply lift the lens off the frame. Once the lens is off the bulb should be easily accessed.

Some bulbs twist and turn for removal while others that have a terminal on each end can simply be popped out.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Thanks, I'll have to climb up there tomorrow and take a look.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:56 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Thanks! The lens does indeed have two tabs on the top and one on the bottom. The label in the fixture indicated use of a #93 (which is 13.3W) or a #1003 (which is 12W) bulb. While I was there I also drilled a small drain hole in the bottom of the fixture since there was water collected in the bottom of the fixture (presumably from washing the vehicle earlier the day before).

Old 05-19-2009, 04:28 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Chris, isn't the forum just super? I too had to replace a bulb in the same light while camping. I asked the same question as you and eureka that night we had light. Safe Miles to all
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:10 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Please make sure you use the correct bulb. I can't remember what bulb I used in error but it melted the lens over time. Flagelpater

2005 Honda CRV, Blue Ox, SMI Brake, TomTom Go 720
Flagelpater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:41 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagelpater View Post
Please make sure you use the correct bulb. I can't remember what bulb I used in error but it melted the lens over time. Flagelpater
my moho had a larger diameter bulb, i think 93, 1141, or 1156 or something similar in it when i got it and it melted the plastic cover.
i installed the smaller diameter 1003 12v 12w bulb and replaced the cover. it has not melted again. i checked the similar fixture over the water service panel. it had a large bulb in it too. i replaced the bulb before the lens cover melted.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:13 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I made the mistake of just picking up a single filament 12 bulb to replace a burnt out bulb. I never checked wattage! About a week later I found the lens on the ground all deformed from the heat. Then, I did my homework and got the correct bulb, along with a new lens. Next time I think I will replace it with a LED?

2005 Honda CRV, Blue Ox, SMI Brake, TomTom Go 720
Flagelpater is offline   Reply With Quote