Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2006, 03:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Recently purchased Itaska Suncruiser and wish to install a CB Radio. I have found the power an ground wires beneath the dash. Is the antenna coax also beneath the dash ??
DaveCoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 03:02 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Recently purchased Itaska Suncruiser and wish to install a CB Radio. I have found the power an ground wires beneath the dash. Is the antenna coax also beneath the dash ??
Old 06-02-2006, 03:40 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Hi Dave, Welcome to the forum. I see you have a 2006, Itasca 33 foot. I'm posting your year so it will help one of the other members answer your question.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_152091.pdf
CB wiring schematic for 2006 33 Sunrise
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 04:58 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Dave
The wires are typically bundled together near the parking brake release. Not sure if you found the power and ground specific for the CB or not, but will mention that when you find the antenna cable, the power and ground are usually bundled together. Good luck.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:36 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Hi Dave and Welcome. You will find this forum very handy for all your questions. You can do a search or "FIND" on the site and may get additional responses. For my RV I had to dig out the wiring by feeling all around behind the fuse panel located at the lower left corner under the dash. It took my three attempts with a flashlight before I finally found a little plastic bag with a coil of coax cable and two wires. Let us know if you find them.
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 03:34 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

The instrument panel is hinged and lifts up. A VERY NICE feature of Winnebago.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:36 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Dave
We had the same problem. The antena cable was nowhere to be found. After the Winnie People assured us that the cable indeed was there, we found it inserted in a plastic bag tucked in on the far left side under the dash behind the fuse panel. I had to remove the dash cover, then my wife with her smaller hands was able to fish it out. Somebody went to a lot of trouble to tuck the cable away in a hard to find (and retrieve) place).

Arne (now in Yakima, WA)

https://www.irv2.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=664&cat=2
ARNE-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 06:06 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Dennis & Trish:
Thank you for the advice. I will get on my back and crawl around beneath the dash and continue my search.
I am currently installing a towbar to tow a 2003 Honda Pilot. I have installed a Banks PowerPak system for performance upgrade.
Again, Thank you for the help. I will let you know if my search for the treasure is successful.
Dave Coe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dengraham:
Hi Dave and Welcome. You will find this forum very handy for all your questions. You can do a search or "FIND" on the site and may get additional responses. For my RV I had to dig out the wiring by feeling all around behind the fuse panel located at the lower left corner under the dash. It took my three attempts with a flashlight before I finally found a little plastic bag with a coil of coax cable and two wires. Let us know if you find them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 06-03-2006, 06:10 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Arne:
Thank you for the hint. I will continue my search with more diligence.
Again, Thanks
Dave Coe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ARNE-T:
Dave
We had the same problem. The antena cable was nowhere to be found. After the Winnie People assured us that the cable indeed was there, we found it inserted in a plastic bag tucked in on the far left side under the dash behind the fuse panel. I had to remove the dash cover, then my wife with her smaller hands was able to fish it out. Somebody went to a lot of trouble to tuck the cable away in a hard to find (and retrieve) place).

Arne (now in Yakima, WA) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 06-18-2006, 03:41 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dengraham:
Hi Dave and Welcome. You will find this forum very handy for all your questions. You can do a search or "FIND" on the site and may get additional responses. For my RV I had to dig out the wiring by feeling all around behind the fuse panel located at the lower left corner under the dash. It took my three attempts with a flashlight before I finally found a little plastic bag with a coil of coax cable and two wires. Let us know if you find them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dennis & Trish:
Eureka. After extensive search and removing panels and probing into hidden locations, I finally found the plastic wrapped electrical leads and antenna cable. Thank you for your hints.

Dave Coe
Old 06-18-2006, 03:43 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DaveCoe:
Arne:
Thank you for the hint. I will continue my search with more diligence.
Again, Thanks
Dave Coe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ARNE-T:
Dave

Arne (now in Yakima, WA) </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Arne:

Finally found the small plastic bag with electrical leads and antenna cable. I had to remove a couple of panels and fish around into some hidden caves under the dash. Thank you for your hints.

Dave Coe