Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2010, 10:17 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Camera lens bad

I have a right side camera that does not work. I changed the lens from the left to the right side and the camera works fine. Does anyone know if you can buy just a lens? It is a sony #chsv2-02p. The motorhome is 2008. Thanks
Old 03-06-2010, 11:31 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

When you say doesn't work...do you mean completely or fogged? Reason I ask is that several of us, at least, had foggy ones on our '08's. I went through 2 before I got one that was sealed properly. Winnie customer relations was super fantastic on this even though one was was out of warranty - I'd call them first. You can get almost anything on your coach from Lichtsinn Motors that advertises on this page. Just tell them the coach serial number and they'll know how it was built and what the replacement part is.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:30 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Foggy lens. I will call Lichtsinn the first of the week. Did you get the lens only or did they replace the camera?
Old 03-06-2010, 02:02 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Call Winnie Owner relations first. They may do it under warranty if you ask nice since it is a known problem. Their supplier had a bad batch that were not properly sealed so it is actually their supplier that makes it good...my 2nd replacement came directly from the supplier and has been fine. You'll get the whole thing: the cover and the camera body...the lens is sealed to the camera and that is where the problem was...hope you didn't try to remove it? Mine was the right (passenger) side camera. I think they cost about $150. Good luck.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Rudolph: how'd you make out? Steve
Old 03-09-2010, 07:04 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I called Winnebago and they gave me the number for the supplier. I called the supplier and they told me they would send me a couple of new lenses. More later!!
Old 03-20-2010, 08:01 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Did not get new lens before leaving home. Today as we were driving to Naples, Fl. I see the camera is working, the monitor has a clear picture. May be the warm temp dried the lens and cleared the fog.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:40 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Glad I saw this thread -- I have a fogged lens on a camera in our 2008 Tour and will call Winnebago tomorrow. They have always been very helpful to me in the past.

Thanks for the great information!

2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD
rv rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:36 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Well who do you believe? I called River Park Dist. they said no problem they will send me 2 for free because they are not expensive. I waited 6 or 8 weeks and no luck, I called again and talked to the same person. He told me the same thing waited 6 weeks and nothing. I than called Lichtsinn at Forest City they will have 2 waiting for me when I get to GNR. Cost around $20.00 I got tired of waiting. Jim
Old 07-01-2010, 07:06 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

newbie here....

Our trip to the Oregon coast the fist week of June, no surprise: we drove in some rain. I did notice the all three of the cameras had some fog.

My question is:
- is it normal to have some fog? Or - ought the cameras be crystal clear 100% of the time, regardless of the weather outside?

thanks,
peter
pdq_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:52 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

When you drive in the rain it seems to throw all kind of slush on the cameras. You are lucky if they clear up after the rain. My camera cleared for a week. Now you can see if someone is beside you about half the time, but you can never see if it is a car or a truck.