Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-29-2007, 04:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I recently stayed at a RV campground that had cable TV hook-ups. Since we were in the tall Sierra trees we could not use our sat dish. For the first time ever, I connected a coax to the connector plate that is labeled "Cable TV", in the service bay, and could not get a picture. I tried the other connector on the same plate, for an external sat dish, with all of the available inside connectors (on the left side of the coach). Still nothing. I tried every combination of external and internal connectors I could find without any luck. I finally had to run the cable through an open window and attach it to the connection on the right side of the coach to get service. I checked in the Winnebago manual and it shows a picture of the connector plate in the service bay. No help at all!
Does anyone with a Sightseer know where the other end of the "Cable TV" connector goes?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:24 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I recently stayed at a RV campground that had cable TV hook-ups. Since we were in the tall Sierra trees we could not use our sat dish. For the first time ever, I connected a coax to the connector plate that is labeled "Cable TV", in the service bay, and could not get a picture. I tried the other connector on the same plate, for an external sat dish, with all of the available inside connectors (on the left side of the coach). Still nothing. I tried every combination of external and internal connectors I could find without any luck. I finally had to run the cable through an open window and attach it to the connection on the right side of the coach to get service. I checked in the Winnebago manual and it shows a picture of the connector plate in the service bay. No help at all!
Does anyone with a Sightseer know where the other end of the "Cable TV" connector goes?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:39 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Don't have the Sightseer, but my Winnie has a video switch which controls the inputs. You need to select your video input, from Satellite to Cable (or antenna).

I suggest you check to see if you have this video switcher (in the upper cabinet above the passenger side windshield).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 05:10 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

The coax wiring diagram for your coach is available on Winnebago's website.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_110138.pdf

The cable in should terminate at your switch box cable input. You can then select cable for either TV or the VCR.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:35 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I checked the plate in the console above the passenger side and it has a 12VDC socket and the amplifier ON/OFF switch for the rooftop TV antenna. The TV has a grey cable that is in the console above the driver's side. There is a plate on the back wall of the compartment that has three connectors, all for the Sat receiver. I even tried to use the external dish connection in the service bay to the to the Sat plate that is marked as the "external dish" connection. Of course, that did not work. I will take a look at Winnegabo's wiring diagrams to see if I can find something.

Thanks for the suggestios!
Old 06-29-2007, 11:15 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

I don't remember the Sightseer's switch location, but the ext. CATV coax should (better) be a home run to the rear bay. Take a look at the rear of the switch and make sure it wasn't accidentally screwed in one of the other 9 jacks. Short of a total cable cut, there's only 2 places to look. Something I should verify as well.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:11 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BigRedLancer:
I checked the plate in the console above the passenger side and it has a 12VDC socket and the amplifier ON/OFF switch for the rooftop TV antenna. will take a look at Winnegabo's wiring diagrams to see if I can find something.

Thanks for the suggestios! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you have the amplifier on/off switch in the off position(LED off)?
Besides turning the amp on and off it acts as an A/B switch and switches from the external antenna to the service bay cable input.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:28 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

I am confused.
I never had the ANT. AMP interfere with my cable conn. in any MH.

All conn. go to cable selector switch box. We run ANT. and park cable at same time or ANT and SAT. same time no interference can even use Park cable and SAT. at same time. front and rear TV's.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:34 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

It may have to do with how they installed your satellite also. They may have used the existing coax from cable for satellite. Also you wanna check in the back of your right compartment there is a splitter for the coax to go to both front and back TV. When they did my satellite installation they disconnected that splitter and I had to change the wiring around a bit.
Rakshir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:40 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rvten:
I am confused.
I never had the ANT. AMP interfere with my cable conn. in any MH.

All conn. go to cable selector switch box. We run ANT. and park cable at same time or ANT and SAT. same time no interference can even use Park cable and SAT. at same time. front and rear TV's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My Sightseer did not come with a cable selector switch box. With the Winegard amp on, the signal goes from the antenna to the TV. With it off the signal goes from the Cable TV input to the TV.
My Warrior was the same way. You have an upscale model.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:19 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Just a thought...on our '02 Adv. we have to program the TV from Ant to Cable depending on the input. Hmmm??
Lou & Dianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:19 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

The dealer installed a satelite dish where the TV antenna was. He added a second cable across the roof so I could use the dish or TV antenna. I am beginning to think he removed a splitter connection to add the dish cable. I will have to remove the cable connection plates and take a look at all of the wiring behind the cabinet interiors and service bay. Normally I wouldn't care about the cable TV hookup cause I have a sat dish. The problem is I can't get sat reception in the forest.

Thanks for all of your ideas!