Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-09-2018, 09:49 AM   #21
CZBB RV6A 2008 29R Sight

Same problem but i don't see the final solution. Did you ....

Hello

I have a 2008 sightseer and I have exactly the same problem. I've done pretty well the same things you have done. It isn't the switch I've pulled it out and checked operation and used jumpers to simulate the switch operation. Still no lights.

So I am very curious about how it went. Did you find the problem? Ill send a private message in case tombones49 isn't subscribed anymore.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombones49 View Post
I would like, (need), to join this discussion. 2004 Winnebago Brave, 32V on Workhorse chassis, 8100 Vortex engine. All seems well on landline power or when using the Onan gold 5500 generator. Batteries are deep cycle and one year old. Coach now has all LED lights and it only cost one arm and better, only one leg. The 12v lights don't turn on when using the coach batteries. I have toggled the Coach Battery Disconnect switch with no improvement I removed the top step plate for battery access and then the top kick plate to get to a 12v reset button panel.

Winnebago Tech Rep told me where the panel was or I would have never known it even existed. The BATT disconnect switch seems to have quit working according to the Tech Rep. So I got a new switch. That was no help. Then the Rep directed me to the disconnect solenoid and the related relay. Now the Rep says the solenoid is bad. $60 later a new solenoid did not fix the problem either. I think the Tech Rep is really just a kid who can spell 'solenoid' correctly. By the way, no reset buttons were tripped on the kick plate panel or on the main 12v panel behind the sink and next to the staircase.

I hear no clicking sounds when toggling the Batt Disconnect switch OR when toggling the Battery Boost switch. All connections, including battery cables, are clean and tight as are connections at the 12v panels. "HAVE VOLTMETER, WILL TRAVEL." Any help out there guys? >> P.S. The Tech Rep's prior job was flipping burgers, "Ya want fries with that?"
7997redtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:58 AM   #22
CZBB RV6A 2008 29R Sight

I was also looking for info on the location of....

I was also looking for info on the location of the two solenoids. I have printed the electrical schematics and in all honesty I find them very confusing. And I hate to admit it but i used to be an electrician :( The more I look at them the more they start to make sense but .......... Ill get there eventually.

I gather they are supposed to be under the dinnete (outside storage bin) on the passenger side by the CCT breaker box. I dont see them. They are not near the battery's.

When the battery disconnect switch was working it sounded like the relay was under the fridge and behind the inverter/fuse panel. But i dont see them in there either.

The coach is a new to us 2008 sightseer. I may post this as a new thread if I don't get any replies. I notice its a very old thread.

Thanks in advance
Old 04-09-2018, 10:25 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7997redtail View Post
I was also looking for info on the location of the two solenoids. I have printed the electrical schematics and in all honesty I find them very confusing. And I hate to admit it but i used to be an electrician :( The more I look at them the more they start to make sense but .......... Ill get there eventually.

I gather they are supposed to be under the dinnete (outside storage bin) on the passenger side by the CCT breaker box. I dont see them. They are not near the battery's.

When the battery disconnect switch was working it sounded like the relay was under the fridge and behind the inverter/fuse panel. But i dont see them in there either.

The coach is a new to us 2008 sightseer. I may post this as a new thread if I don't get any replies. I notice its a very old thread.

Thanks in advance
You can see the location of the Chassis Electrical Box at location D-6 on page 3 of the Chassis Wiring Installation diagram for your coach. The Chassis Electrical Box Assembly diagram shows the solenoids which are inside that box. The batteries are further back on the same side of the coach.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:49 AM   #24
CZBB RV6A 2008 29R Sight

OMG i was afraid of this.

OMG. When you zoom into the page you can actually see the solenoids. On Saturday I had taken a flashlight and a mirror to see inside the box but couldn't see any solenoids. I was wondering if they were in there and I was going to have to take the cover and the breaker plate off to get inside there. Thats my OMG. Taking the cover off with all those wires connected to the breakers. Am i right?

For anyone following this thread or about to do this make sure you disconnect your batteries.

Rsteel. Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:51 AM   #25
CZBB RV6A 2008 29R Sight

Sorry that is a thanks to cbeierl for the quick reply

Old 04-11-2018, 11:24 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Okay, unsure if my prior message went through or not. I found two problems. 1) the coach battery switch had gone bad, and 2) the 110volt to 12 volt converter had fried. Chances are the converter fried the switch. I installed a new Parallax converter, model 4445 / 45 watt. (located under the oven of my 2004 Winnie Brave, 32' motorhome). It has been a year now and no further problems.
tombones49 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charging, solenoid