Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2016, 07:57 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Bedroom slide will not come in

2003 Journey DL. one of the cylinder will go out but will not come back in on the closet slide. I found a leaking hose and replaced it. but still no movement. tried using the valve on the end of the pump. still did not work. I ended up loosening on of the fittings and pushed the slide in. Is there a check valve or electric valve that needs to open to release the pressure?

Thank you for ant help.

Ron J
jameson95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 01:54 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Prolly need to add hydro fluid and bleed system.
Texasranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 05:49 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Had the same happen to our unit. Different unit but has a Lippert Hydraulic system.
On ours the front cylinder was passing so badly that only the rear of the slide would retract.. It would extend properly.
When I disconnected the return hose full oil flow was observed.
Old 06-24-2016, 02:29 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

My 03 Ultimate should have same or similar slide system. My bed is on the bedroom slide, and I can access the mechanism by raising the bed. My slide quit moving several years ago ...all normal sounds, just no movement. I found two very short but critical counter-sunk screws on the inward end of the ram had come loose and fallen out. Service place put them back with Loctite but they worked only once before coming loose again. I found a regular bolt (not counter-sunk) had just the necessary clearance to fit. I tapped the holes slightly larger, forced new bolts in, and have never had another problem with it.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:53 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Hey Texas Ranger, just picked up my new 2016 Journey 40R from Ron Hoover Rv in LaMarque. Couple of questions? In the monitor compartment when I turn on the Electric Hot water heater, is there an indicator light that should come on. I can't tell if it is on or not. Same thing with water pump. Should there be?
Cherokee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:13 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee9 View Post
Hey Texas Ranger, just picked up my new 2016 Journey 40R from Ron Hoover Rv in LaMarque. Couple of questions? In the monitor compartment when I turn on the Electric Hot water heater, is there an indicator light that should come on. I can't tell if it is on or not. Same thing with water pump. Should there be?
Ron Hoover good place to buy from.
On my display when I push pump, elect hot or LPG it just goes from on to off or vice versa.
Pretty simple. I'm loving ours.
See my signature, we started a Winnabago Journey & Meridan Facebook page. Easy to post pics. Log on and I will send you pic of my display.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:36 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasranger View Post
Ron Hoover good place to buy from.
On my display when I push pump, elect hot or LPG it just goes from on to off or vice versa.
Pretty simple. I'm loving ours.
See my signature, we started a Winnabago Journey & Meridan Facebook page. Easy to post pics. Log on and I will send you pic of my display.

Apparently I need to look again this evening. I don't see any change when I push either switch. I'll let you know if I see anything different. Leaving office now to head home. I also live on a lake. Lake Cherokee
Cherokee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:48 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Bleeding the system

If this is an HWH system this will bleed your system after installing a new hose. All parts of the HWH system are inner connected, so do the following:
1. Put your hydraulic jacks down.
2. Store your jacks
3. Put your jacks down again
4. Store your jacks

Your system is now bled, and your slide room should work. This is a method of bleeding that only the factory knows about, and is works Good Luck
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:56 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwasouth View Post
If this is an HWH system this will bleed your system after installing a new hose. All parts of the HWH system are inner connected, so do the following:
1. Put your hydraulic jacks down.
2. Store your jacks
3. Put your jacks down again
4. Store your jacks

Your system is now bled, and your slide room should work. This is a method of bleeding that only the factory knows about, and is works Good Luck
That's good info now.

Tags
slide