Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-29-2015, 06:25 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Bedroom lights in 35U won't work

I have a 2001 35U Winnebago and my lights beside the bed won't seem to come on. There seems to be a bad connection in the light switch itself. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this trouble and if there is something I can spray on them to make a better contact or if I have to replace the little switch (it's a push button). Sometimes because I don't know if it's in the on or off position I'll be sleeping and they will come on on their own. It would be nice to be able to use the lights for reading. The overhead lights work fine but they are too bright to read by. These have a small bulb you push in to the socket and I don't believe it's the bulb seeing they work intermittently.

Anyone any suggestions.
Windsurferlady
Kingston, Ontario
Winnebago 35U, 2001
Windsurferlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:12 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Sounds like the bulb is not making good contact. Wiggle the bulb to make sure it is not loose. Remove the bulb and clean the contacts on the bottom and the sides.
Wetsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:30 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I also have the exact same problem. It is the switch. Spray some contact cleaner at/into the switch. Then push it multiple times until it gives up and starts working as it should.
Ret Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:48 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret Smokey View Post
I also have the exact same problem. It is the switch. Spray some contact cleaner at/into the switch. Then push it multiple times until it gives up and starts working as it should.
X2
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:34 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Bob. I'll have to go get some contact cleaner. I don't have any of that in my arsenal. What about silicone spray that I use for the jacks, could I use that? I knew I shouldn't use WD-40 but was wondering if there was anything else I could use.
Windsurferlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:33 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Same issue with my bedroom lights. Took the push-button switch out and sprayed with contact cleaner and it worked ok.
winnie32v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 09:53 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

No silicone spray. You can get contact cleaner at Radio Shack (if you can find one still open) or at Home Depot.

Scott
Old 10-31-2015, 10:40 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I had the same problem with mine I just replaced the switch. took 5 minutes to replace.

Tags
light, lights