Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-16-2014, 03:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Bedroom closet lights

My electrical gremlins have become my friends but still frustrate me. One of the bulbs in my rear closet burned out so I decided to change both of them. Now neither one works. Tried going back to the original configuration, still no lights. So some place their must be a fuse or circuit breaker that needs attention. Any help in locating appreciated, tried the panel under the bed, no luck. Everything else in the bedroom works so as usual I am at a loss and look to the IRV2 experts for help.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:34 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

If your Vectra is configured similar to my Journey, the panel at the foot of the bed is for the 110 volt circuits, I have a 12 volt electrical fuse panel at floor level beneath the refrigerator. Check for a similar panel in your coach.
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:57 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catcoach View Post
My electrical gremlins have become my friends but still frustrate me. One of the bulbs in my rear closet burned out so I decided to change both of them. Now neither one works. Tried going back to the original configuration, still no lights. So some place their must be a fuse or circuit breaker that needs attention. Any help in locating appreciated, tried the panel under the bed, no luck. Everything else in the bedroom works so as usual I am at a loss and look to the IRV2 experts for help.
Is your unit a 40FD? I just traded mine. The panel on the right side of the bed is where you will find what FleetMan is talking about. Also, check that the door switches are not stuck in.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:48 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catcoach View Post
Catcoach,
Well Sir, it sounds like your Vectra is very similar to our '04 Horizon. Both were sister ships in '04. Ours too has both 12V circuit breakers and, 110VAC breaker panel at the foot of the bed. I cannot at this time, tell you where to locate the power source for your bedroom closet lights because I've not had any issues with ours which would have caused me to look for the power source too. The only thing I've done to our closet lights is, change those seriously hot factory bulbs, to LED "Festoon" bulbs.

But, I too would be interested in where the power for those closet light bulbs comes from and, if possible, where they're fused at.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:52 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I see from another post that you have a 40FD. It would be good to add that info to your signature so that folks can respond with respect to your specific floorplan, etc.

Here are the Body, 12 Volt Wiring Installation diagram and Body, 12 Volt Wiring Diagram for your coach. The wardrobe lamps show up on page 9 of the Wiring Diagram, and their power comes in on the YEL wire labeled PG. Tracing that wire back to page 8 of the same diagram you can see the switches in the upper right of the page. They get their power from the YEL wire labelled NM, which you can trace back to the 12V DC circuit breaker panel on page 7.

Looking at page 5 of the Installation diagram you can see that wire NM is connected to the 15A circuit breaker 3rd from the left on the bottom row, labelled LAMPS.

When tracing circuits it also may be helpful to use the Wiring Identification Guide to determine the purpose of a given wire given its label (e.g. PG, NM, etc.)

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:53 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Catcoach,
But, I too would be interested in where the power for those closet light bulbs comes from and, if possible, where they're fused at.
Scott
Scott, here are the Body, 12 Volt Wiring Diagram and Body, 12 Volt Wiring Installation diagrams for your coach. The wardrobe lights show up on page 11 of the Wiring Diagram, on the right hand side of the page. Power comes in on a YEL wire labelled JD. You can trace that wire back to page 7 of the same diagram, where it connects to the 12V DC breaker panel. Looking at page 6 of the Installation diagram you can see that wire JD is connected to the 3rd circuit breaker from the left in the top row, a 15A breaker labelled LAMPS.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:08 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
Scott, here are the Body, 12 Volt Wiring Diagram and Body, 12 Volt Wiring Installation diagrams for your coach. The wardrobe lights show up on page 11 of the Wiring Diagram, on the right hand side of the page. Power comes in on a YEL wire labelled JD. You can trace that wire back to page 7 of the same diagram, where it connects to the 12V DC breaker panel. Looking at page 6 of the Installation diagram you can see that wire JD is connected to the 3rd circuit breaker from the left in the top row, a 15A breaker labelled LAMPS.
Chris,
As usual, you come through with the correct wiring and application for the situation at hand. I sincerely appreciate that. I cannot check out your instructions as to where the "Lamps" circuit breaker is located 'cause our coach is 325 miles from us, in a storage garage at Lake Havasu City. We have 6 days left in this state of CA. We are moving to Havasu. I'll check out your instructions when I pickup the coach to park it in our new RV garage. Thanks again.,
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:18 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Thanks to everyone for your input. I will spend some time tomorrow tracing the circuits and let you know what I learn. And yes I will update my signature to show which model. I appreciate everyone's input

Tags
lights