Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2018, 09:16 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Battery drain

I have a 2016 2401 rg towable. When parking trailer after 5000 mile trip that new solar system performed great, I unknowingly pulled the breakaway switch from the trailer and batteries were completely drain and would not charge. I replace breakaway pin and replaced with new batteries, AND RESET HOUSE BATTERY FUSE AT FRONT OF TRAILER, and all seemed well, but found new batteries are completely drained AGAIN. Could I have bad breakaway switch? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Jandjstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 02:22 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

It sounds like that. Throw a charger on the battery and check for voltage out of the switch.
Mike Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 07:04 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Bad breakaway

Thanks Mike. I cut the one of the wires from breakaway switch and normal battery operation resumed. Got new switched ordered and hope I never have to see if it works��
Jandjstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 07:26 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

A granddaughter pulled mine when we were camping, By the time I discovered the pulled plug the entire breakaway switch had melted. Replace the switch.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery