Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2018, 03:54 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Battery Advice re Storage and Charging

I am new to MH's, had several TT's over 9 years. No battery issues there because I did not boondock, dry camp etc. so after every outing I removed the 1 12volt battery from the TT and took it home with me. 2 reasons, didn't want it stolen and I could put the battery minder on, couldn't do that in storage. Ok.....Now, fast forward to the MH....I bought a 2017 Minnie Winnie 31K in March this year. When I'm not using it - it lives in covered storage. What concerns me is the batteries, both coach and engine. I usually camp at least once a month from May thru Oct. In Oct I winterize and it will stay there until May. Assuming that there is no ability to put a battery minder on in storage. I can see only 1 real option, pick up the MH once a month bring it home and hook up battery minder for 48 hours. The batteries are the 2 -12volt whatever came with the MH from the Ford factory.
I would appreciate any and all ideas or advice.

Tags
advice, battery, charging, storage