Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2019, 04:04 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

basement ac will not come on

Itasca 36 GD with basement air. I had the coach plugged into my house 115 outlet. I unplugged it and started the generator. When I checked the inverter it read over load. I reset the inverter per instructions from the Magnum booklet. The reset worked and the inverter read "inverting". When I turned on the coach AC the blower motor would not come on. I checked all the fuses and breakers I could find all is okay. I also turned all the breakers off and on again. Also the fridge will not come on and the dirt devil vacuum is not working either. Clearly there is another fuse/breaker panel that I can not find. Any suggestions where to look. The ones I have found are outside in a compartment below the drivers window and one at the foot of the bed. Where else should I look??

Rick
Old 08-22-2019, 08:16 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Have you checked the breakers on the generator itself? Does your Powerline monitor show the gen is running and you have 50 amp service?
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 08:40 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I have not checked the breakers on the generator. I will have to figure out where they are. No 50 amp service at the house. Powerline monitor will normally display how many amp are being used on the digital display but it is blank. The row of lights on the left of the Powerline that shows what what service type is being used are all off too, including the "gen set" light. All the outlets are working including the microwave.convection oven when the inverter is turned on. I will look for the breakers on the generator and reset those. Hopefully that cures my problem.

Thanks
Rick
Old 08-23-2019, 08:36 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I would start with one of the more simple items and sort it before going to the more complex. No 50 amp at the house, so I get the smaller things like outlets all checked and working first. There is a pretty good chance getting them fired up will clear the other but if not, we can learn a lot about where things are while doing the less complex things.
My steps would be:
1. Plug into the power available (30 amp? ) and check ever outlet, writing down the locations that work and don't work. Leave the AC out of the checking as it takes more power than you have, so don't sweat it yet.
Keep in mind that some of the outlets are fed from the inverter and work off house batteries when the unit is unplugged. Just don't let that confuse you.
2. Check what works off the inverter after you unplug. Make notes of locations as it can get confusing. I might assume that the AC is not going to work off the inverter as AC takes lots of power and batteries will not power them for long off the inverter. Some checking and knowing what is powered by the inverter will tell that.
With that info we can take an "informed" look at things to sort out where the system is open or not. Always good to keep in mind that it may not be one problem but can be two small unrelated things, so sorting each is often less problem.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:10 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quick look shows power from cord or genset goes to transfer switch, then to load center, where the AC comes off the left most 20 amp breaker for one circuit and the other from the next 20 after two 50 amp breakers and doesn't involve the inverter.
Hope that helps to cut the chase down a bit.
Possible the load center is at foot of bed? Hard to relate drawings to actual without being able to take a look.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:51 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiddleb View Post
Have you checked the breakers on the generator itself? Does your Powerline monitor show the gen is running and you have 50 amp service?
Thanks emiddleb, I found the gen breaker ( it was right in front of me...probably why I didn't see it...lol) Flipped it to the on position and all is working again. I didn't even think of a breaker on the gen.

Thanks again
Rick
Old 08-23-2019, 09:57 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Morich, thanks for the replies. I found the simple fix thanks to emiddleb. You're right, I learned a lot about the MH from this experience just by going through it. I have had it only a short time and still figuring the ins and outs as they come up. It doesn't help that anything electrical gets my head spinning.

Thanks for your input.
Rick
Old 08-23-2019, 11:54 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Glad you easily fixed the problem!
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:11 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam15 View Post
Morich, thanks for the replies. I found the simple fix thanks to emiddleb. You're right, I learned a lot about the MH from this experience just by going through it. I have had it only a short time and still figuring the ins and outs as they come up. It doesn't help that anything electrical gets my head spinning.

Thanks for your input.
Rick
This is where I like to do the "head spinning" part while at home and under no pressure to get on the road. You folks are serving as my "testbed" on how to read the drawings for my RV!
Electronics has been my thing for a long time and I feel good about part of it, but just getting used to reading the drawings as each company does it, is still a steep hill.
One of the great things I find about the Winnebago brand is that they do actually try to provide the info we need.
I wish Ford would be as easy! I can read the drawing and sort the coach but had to ask online how to open the fuse cover for the chassis!
Something comes to mind about, "if you can't open the cover, you don't belong inside" !