Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2016, 06:05 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Also, low voltage will kill a motor...More often than not when you are in a campground on a hot day with everyone using their ac, voltage will be low....If you don't have one I suggest that you invest in a surge protector to protect your rv from low and high voltage....
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:33 AM   #22
JC2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin-on View Post
Also, low voltage will kill a motor...More often than not when you are in a campground on a hot day with everyone using their ac, voltage will be low....If you don't have one I suggest that you invest in a surge protector to protect your rv from low and high voltage....
I agree. The ownership of one should be an absolute to help avoid future electrical issues due to incoming power that is either to low/high. Would be nice if the manufactures would either include these when building or at minimum offer as an option. In the past, we have had (1) high voltage incidence and several low voltage incidents at various campgrounds. We have used a 50A portable Surge Guard brand for 10yrs and have been thinking about maybe trying the Progressive brand for a change.
Old 03-24-2016, 07:44 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

I also went the extra mile/expense and purchased a 50 amp autoformer...You would be amazed at how often it has boosted incoming voltage on line 1 or 2 or both especially in a campground with questionable voltage...
Old 03-24-2016, 08:05 AM   #24
JC2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I also went the extra mile/expense and purchased a 50 amp autoformer...You would be amazed at how often it has boosted incoming voltage on line 1 or 2 or both especially in a campground with questionable voltage...
I have been thinking of those also. Any suggestions on brand(s) and where to purchase.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:30 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

This is the one I have......Robot Check...
Old 03-24-2016, 12:05 PM   #26
JC2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
This is the one I have......Robot Check...
Thanks for the link.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:43 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Ugh, another "must have"....

Quote:
Old 03-25-2016, 08:16 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

I have a Hughes Brand and would recommend it highly.
LookAtUSNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:14 AM   #29
Winnebago Camper

I am looking for a little help on the proper operation of the Heat Pump/ AC unit. Does the unit only blow warm air from the roof vents and the LP unit blow warm air from the floor vents?
Our unit operates in this manner, we seem to get adequate heating but it is all coming from the ceiling vents, obviously once the thermostats reaches temp that is called for the heat/pump cuts out; so upper portion of coach is warm..
I have searched to try and find the correct operation but no luck.
Thanks for the help.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:13 PM   #30
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petesflhtk View Post
I am looking for a little help on the proper operation of the Heat Pump/ AC unit. Does the unit only blow warm air from the roof vents and the LP unit blow warm air from the floor vents?
Our unit operates in this manner, we seem to get adequate heating but it is all coming from the ceiling vents, obviously once the thermostats reaches temp that is called for the heat/pump cuts out; so upper portion of coach is warm..
Thanks for the help.
My 2002 suncruiser with basement heat works the same way you are saying. on my thermostat I have an electric heat position the position runs the heat pump unless it is too cold outside. If it is gas heat will come on automatically and the heat comes out the floor registers. I also can select gas heat on the thermostat and only gas heat comes on. Basement heat never comes out the floor registers.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:38 AM   #31
Winnebago Camper

Download the AirCXcel 6535 Service Manual from RVP RV Products. It explains total operation of your unit and how to troubleshoot the system. I have used the manual to repair my unit. They also have the necessary parts. Check Amazon for individual parts on the unit. It is rather a reliable unit which requires little maintenance. You download the Manual at this site.

Two Ton HE

Good Luck learning the operation of your Heat Pump.
jeanbev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 06:14 AM   #32
Winnebago Camper

My two cents. You have seen that everything you do typically fixes it for a little while. Your symptoms and solutions sound exactly like mine were. I replaced my 15 year old unit and all the gremlins went away. The tech even advised me based on the age of the unit, by the time you pull it replace a fan or compressor, put it back only to have to pull it again and replace another one you could by a new one. An appliance that holds up for 15 years is ready for retirement. If you opt to replace it, talk the capacitors and starters off for spares down the road, especially if they are fairly new.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:04 PM   #33
Winnebago Camper

[QUOTE=Petesflhtk;3062883]I am looking for a little help on the proper operation of the Heat Pump/ AC unit. Does the unit only blow warm air from the roof vents and the LP unit blow warm air from the floor vents?
Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE

Mine functions in the same manner. Heat pump/AC comes through the roof vent. Depending on outside temps and heat differential at thermostat, anything greater than 3 degrees and the floor heater kick on on propane and blow through their perspective duct work.