Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2007, 08:55 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I had a small recall fixed this morning by a workhorse dealer.
After he fixed it, I headed home. Noticed then, my back up camera isn't working now. It was before. Got any ideas. Also, the coach heater blew warm air last year fine and now only cold.
Chandler Bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:55 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I had a small recall fixed this morning by a workhorse dealer.
After he fixed it, I headed home. Noticed then, my back up camera isn't working now. It was before. Got any ideas. Also, the coach heater blew warm air last year fine and now only cold.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:15 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Check for blown fuse in dash. MY motor aid heater fan for the coach and rear camera are on same circuit. Heater motor froze up and blew fuse. No rear camera.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:34 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rvten:
Check for blown fuse in dash. MY motor aid heater fan for the coach and rear camera are on same circuit. Heater motor froze up and blew fuse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom;
My motor aid heater fan is growling, How hard is it to change the motor? Mine is behind the water heater and looks like it would be difficult. I have hardly ever used mine. How does the motor go bad not being used much? Do they need to be exercised?

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:52 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via ICQ to W8RLM
Don,

Motors should not have to be exercised. Here's a simple answer. My motoraid heater fan is in a right angle duct off of the main duct in the fron to fthe coach. If I remove the floor vent by the driver's seat, I can push the baffle in front of the motoraid fan open and reach inside. Maybe (hope) there is something hitting the fan blade and that is causing the growling. (Hope it is an easy problem).

Good Luck

W8RLM - Bob
Old 04-06-2007, 02:01 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I have not worked on mine. But I understand you have to get to it from behind the HWH. You have to crawl almost inside to work on it. No job for a fat boy like me with bad kness.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:01 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Ok, it is not the fuse. It shows that it is getting power, but, NO picture. Checked the plug in the back of it. It is ok. Any other suggestions?
Old 04-11-2007, 07:00 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Are your backup lights and signal lights working ok? If not check for bad ground.

I had camera problems and it was a bad ground on the rear lights.

Ron
Ron & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:09 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

All lights are working. Now what? Have appt. Fri. with local rv guru. Let him figure it out. Thanks so much for all the suggestions.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:30 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Well, it took him two hours to find the problem, but, now it is fixed. The empty space on the end of the rv from camera down, holds the wires from a zillion things. The camera had just come unplugged inside the wall, we would never have found it.