Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2019, 05:32 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

auxillary fuse in cargo bay

I am installing a inverter in my 1996b Minnie Winnie. I decided to route the battery cables through the side wall of the battery box area into the pass through cargo area right next to it. The cargo bay is a small hatch that goes all the way to the other side where I will route the cable up through the floor where the water line opening is already there. Upon making a hole I noticed a small fuse like box right inside the cargo door. It has labels that read-Battery mode switch, coach breaker panel, electric step ignition power, electric step battery power, electric step control power. And a empty hole labeled Inverter. It has a small purple wire bundle going into it. The fuse like buttons have numbers on them 6,30,6,25,6. I am wondering what purpose this has? And should I somehow connect my new inverter to it? I have a picture attached.Any clue would appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_3597[1].jpg
Views:	125
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	170948  
Tim Greggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 06:02 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Those are Winnebago-installed circuit breakers which can be pushed back in if tripped, and the number relates to the electrical amps of each breaker relating to the needs of each circuit.

You may be able to find the correct 'push button' type circuit breaker with the correct amps-rating (number) as defined by the inverter manufacturer and wire it into the panel.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse