Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2010, 09:46 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive View Post
I bought the EC-30W a few weeks ago for $480 total including wire harness and tax. Onan guys installed it for me at a rally but I sure I could have easily done it myself. They say it takes about 15 minutes to install. It took them a lot less than that of course.

The one thing they told me is about the shore sense. It needs an outlet not fed through the receptacle if you leave your inverter on all of the time. I only turn my inverter on when I need it so I didn't need the extra work of wiring the shore sense.

I went to them wanting the hard wired model but am glad I bought this one. Have let it do its thing a few times now and it works great.
Wow, you got a good deal. Rally pricing for sure. I just paid the local Onan/Cummins parts dept. $579 for the EC-30W and wiring harness with tax. Do you have any problem running your generator while going down the road? I am assuming you can by-pass the AGS and start the genset manually while moving (I read where the EC-30W has an internal device that senses motion and prevents gen start while moving).
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:06 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

Michael:

I installed the EC-30 in my 08 Cambria 29H. I didn't have everything centralized as you do with the OnePlace. I installed mine above the levels control panel that has the generator start switch on it. I picked up most of the circuits required from it. I just tapped to the existing wiring to the generator start switch for those connections and can use either the EC-30 or the exiting switch to start the generator. In my research, the wired model is preferable to the wireless one as it uses the RV thermomostat rather than an internal one in the EC-30W.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote