Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-25-2008, 05:48 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

My insurance takes care of lodging,eating and a rental car if I am over 50 miles from home. Your point is well taken.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:55 AM   #22

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Homer:
My insurance takes care of lodging,eating and a rental car if I am over 50 miles from home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Homer,

Not to put too fine an edge on this, but I wasn't even thinking about the financial aspects of it. Rather, I was envisioning DH, DW, the dogs, cat, hamster, etc. standing in the rain in the parking lot of Cummins Southern Plains in a not-so-nice section of Houston worrying about finding a motel that would take the whole menangerie.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:58 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

I've been in for service once or twice while we spent 6 months in FL. I find it to my advantage to be living in the motorhome. The service center HAS to get you repaired and out of there. It has been my experience that they will move you to the front of the repair schedule if you tell them you have to stay in the motorhome that night.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:57 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

After 3 motorhomes over 30 years we went to a 5th Wheel a couple of years ago. I hated towing and parking it so we just went back to a diesel motorhome.
Applejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:22 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

We would like to thank everyone who answered are post on this form. We read all the replys and understand what everyone was trying to tell us.It took us sometime to think about the pro's and con's from a motorhome to a 5th wheel. Well we sold our 01 36 ft winnebago journey and we now have a 03 35 ft hoilday ramble presidential 5th wheel with 3 slides we have a lot more room in the 5th wheel (square foot)and a extra slide.What it all boils down to is we needed more overall usage. Like we had said in our post we are fulltime and the motorhome would set for weeks at a time in one spot.We have had 2 motorhomes in the last 10 years and are going to miss it this is a big change for us going from a motorhome to a 5th wheel.I am looking at low maintaince less insurance I have already saved a 1.000.00 a year on insuance.My wife loves the big kitchen in the 5th wheel there our 21 kitchen cabnets and a lot more inside storage all the conforts of home. I just wish I had the outside storage space. The IRV 2 winnebago form has answered all my questions over the years and saved me a lot of money for do it your self repairs and I thank you all I have learned a lot over the years. My wife and I will still be in the chat rooms at night. As for the tow vehicle it is a 03 chevy silerado 6.6 liter diesel dually 4 door with a 20.000lb 5th wheel you dont even know the trailer is on the back when you are going down the road. I will pop in to the winnebago form from time to time to see if I can be some help to someone with a problem I have learned from the best and would like to share that with other people. And I am shore if I run in to any problems with my 5th wheel the people on the TT and 5th wheel forms will be able to help me out. Again thank you for all you support over the years.Ron and Patti

Celebration Florida
Ron and Patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:49 PM   #26
Winnebago Watcher

We have done exactly what you are considering. After having four motorhomes, 3 class C's and an A we have sold our 36 foot with one slide and bought a 37 foot fifth wheel with three slides. We loved motorhoming but the expense was significantly more for us and seeing it sit there costing us money was tough. While traveling you cannot beat a motorhome, but once you are set up and stay a while the fifth wheel has advantages. You will hear many pro and cons of each, but it all boils down to what you can afford and what you want. Life is about setting priorities, enjoy what you can. We found that happiness is a state of mind, you can be grateful and happy with almost anything you really want. Enjoy.

Ted

Silverado D/A diesel 2500
Prin is offline   Reply With Quote