Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Another Day - Another Project (Fix)

Last Friday was the bed room slide stuck out, finished that on Sunday. Monday the propane indicator wire broke, still have not fixed it but do have the parts. Tuesday the batteries on house and chassis were getting week and since they were 6 and 7 years old each, decided to replace. Wednesday after battery replacement alternator on engine decided to quit. Finally got the sucker out today, started thursday. Go to Cat Forum to see removal process. I didn't mention the two trips to Norther Tools, One to Sears, One to Carter Cat who has ordered the alternator (one week lead time and $300 for part) and the numerous trips to the lounge chair and cups of "coffee" to think the process over. Tomorrow if weather hold out, today big storm came through, I'll work on the propane gauge sensor wire. Also th (is week it about time to replace tires, 100K and seven years, so I'll get on line with Family Coach and see what I can do locally. Soon I have to think about removing the 3-M rock guard on front of house since mold has now started to grow in it. It looks pretty crappy. Would not recommend this product to others. Grease and lube coming up soon. This week I'll change oil on generator. Another project for another day will be to knock some of the rust off edges of electrical compartment and repaint. Hot water heater has a small leak which we've been looking for the past 7 years and have not yet found so in my spare time I'll try to figure out how to get in and around hot water heater. Oh, I forgot to mention the glue attachment on the front of the genny door is coming loose so have to look at that also. House does need washing and waxing so in spare time I'll do that. I have a small sometimes leak around front door, need to look at that too. I'll think of some more projects after i complete this list but that's enough for coming week.
I'm home so no big deal, just motor homing.
Happy trails
jk_and_dog
jk_and_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:48 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

What spare time??
Bill
ko4nrbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:55 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Holy Cow!
Old 01-11-2014, 08:15 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

You have done a lot and have a lot more to do. However, if you don't address these matters as they arise, you eventually have a pile of junk. It seems clear that you enjoy the work, and have some knack for doing it.
Keep up the good work!
mgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:22 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I applaud you Sir. Taking on all those, keeping your head on straight, and of course, taking breaks, is what it's all about. There's absolutely nothing like getting things fixed and operating correctly. Eventually, you'll see the light at the end of the tunnel. You'll be at a campground/RV park some place and sitting and relaxing with a cold one and thinking, "man, it took a lot to get here but, It's all done and here I am". Nice work.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:52 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Awesome just Awesome but could update your Signature so we could see what you are working on.
But at least you are enjoying the work and besides it's all good in the end, 100k miles Keep on Motor Homing
Old 02-04-2014, 05:40 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Hi JK, I'll be interested in what you find regarding the water heater leak. I also have a drip coming from the compartment floor beneath the water heater yet everything I can see and feel around the water heater is dry.
Gezergonwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:56 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gezergonwild View Post
Hi JK, I'll be interested in what you find regarding the water heater leak. I also have a drip coming from the compartment floor beneath the water heater yet everything I can see and feel around the water heater is dry.
Gezergonwild, If you could post the make, model and year of your rig in your signature, it would be helpful in answering your questions.

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:12 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Its good to see that you do your own work. I do all my own work, because I am 2 1/2 hours from a dealer. I always have a running list keeps me busy and saves a lot of money in the long run. (youtube can be a big help) Have fun and be proud that you don't have another trip to the dealer like most people.
Thor 37GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:01 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Gezergonwild, If you could post the make, model and year of your rig in your signature, it would be helpful in answering your questions.

Sammie
Yeah, your right! I just figured out how to do that. Just because I'm old doesn't necessarily mean I know what I'm doing :-)
Gezergonwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:23 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Good thing you are retired.

I have to laugh at people who are retired and say they get bored, I've never been so busy in my life and it appears you are too.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:05 PM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

I'm 2 hours from dealer, but, since I didn't buy from him, he says "Make an appointment 4-6 weeks wait time" That's why I do my own work. Most suppliers will work with owners, some NOT!
woodfoot is offline   Reply With Quote