Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2010, 04:55 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Hi Jim, I think we've had a failure to communicate....

This thread is about the dash heater/air conditioner, not the central air/heatpump. And, yes, there is almost no noticeable difference between hi and lo on the central AC blower.

Looks like you're one jump ahead on the dash air - you fixed it before it broke, but it probably would have soon...
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:48 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Hi Tom:

Geez..... what a dummy I am. My fault, oh well, I have an extra relay now.

Thanks for the heads up.

Jim P.
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:06 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Just a thought, check the connection at the fan. I recently had my chevy pickup blower fan only work on high speed, as I went to take voltage readings at the connection it started working. The plug is hanging vertical and I guess it worked its way loose. Works fine now without doing anything else. Simple things first.
safari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:07 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Workhorse Blower Problem

The high speed (dash) blower will not work. All other speeds work most of the time however it seems as though the speeds like to migrate from medium to low and then back to medium without the blower motor switch being changed. I hate being a parts changer but after a new blower motor and a new resistor without fixing the problem, it appears that the relay may be the problem. I will advise in a later update if this provides the fix. Thanks to all of you that have chimed in with good ideas and for taking the time to post images. You guys are a great source of help. God bless!

Winnebago 2002 Adventurer Workhorse
Just call me the parts changer
sailorbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:38 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

I played with mine for months. I finally found that the connector for the 5 pin relay was deffective. I bought a new connector with 5 short wires attached, cut out the old one, soldered and shrink wrapped one in and my intermittent problem was gone.
Mike Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:34 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Hi
I had the same problem high speed fan only, thanks to this forum pointed me to the thermal fuse, replaced it still kept burning out on slow and intermediate speeds. Fan motor was sticking took out (£200-£260 english pounds to replace) placed it in bucket of paraffin for a couple of hours.
spun it dry with drill (electric or air ) which cleaned and lubricated the bushes. No more blown fuse
Roy,
catman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:10 PM   #27
Winnie-Wise

Allegro5,

Not trying to start something here, but some might equate the the "bold italics" as being the same as CAPS (shouting).

Just a thought.
ernieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

dc8crappie, Thanks you so much for the info and the pictures. I have had the fan speed problem as well but had no idea even were to start looking for the fix for the problem. Pictures really help this old retired guy. LOL! Have a great one!
Jackhal1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:49 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Just a repeat from an earlier post; in my 2002 Winnebago Adventurer dash the high speed fan blower is inoperative and while driving, the other speeds work ok except that they change from low to medium depending on the fuel throttle position. When I speed up, the fan slows down and when at a steady throttle or less, the fan blower goes to the medium speed. The air is always cold.
I replaced the relay, and it made no difference. Further investigation revealed that the dash mounted vacuum switch that operates the louvers in the heating/air conditioning is definately leaking. I have ordered a new vacuum switch, vacuum harness and a new dash blower switch from Mobility RV.
Will post what changes that it makes after installation complete.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:39 PM   #30
Winnebago Camper

Red face It's fixed

After looking for quite a while I discovered a short under the dash that grounded out the orange/black feed wire that goes from the dash mounted 4 position blower switch to the blower motor relay. I sure spent a lot of time looking for it, and after I drew up a simple schematic for the system it became obvious where to look at and then I discovered the wire insulation melted from two different wires and the wires stuck togeather.
The two wires in the attachment were quite stuck. All I did to fix it was seperate the wires with a sharp pocket knife and then wrap each one indivdually with electrical tape.These are in the male connector, the female connector is to the left in the shadow.
The black wire is +12 V feeding power to the 4 position dash mounted blower switch, the violet/red (in the middle) is the feed wire to the relay for the high speed blower motor position, and the white/blue wire is ground. The 30 amp fused yellow feed wire is labled 137540-01 C and is routed directly to the fuse box under the engine hood.
I also replaced the vacuum switch on the dash and am assuming that it will fix the blower speed wandering problem. If it doesn't I will report back with the proper solution for that/ or ask for advise?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Winnebago Short Circuit.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	5248  
Old 09-04-2010, 08:34 PM   #31
Winnebago Owner

I'm a thinkin' Allegro5" may not realize he is on the Winnebago/Itasca forum and pretty much everything we talk about probably won't apply to Monacos. Just a thought
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:27 AM   #32
Winnebago Camper

Hey thanks for the info about the fan, checked mine out returning monday and it blew
on four diff speeds....yah, this isn't broken.

Phelpo
Phelpo is offline   Reply With Quote