Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2018, 10:05 PM   #41
Winnebago Owner

After a few weeks, I can confirm again that the Amp-L-Start is doing noting. My brand new chassis battery is now below 12v and the Amp-L-Start is once again beeping. I will just have to start my engine from time to time and let it run for a bit.
tommymsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 06:59 AM   #42
Winnebago Owner

Instead of running your engine from time to time to charge the chassis battery, why don't you make up a small (10 gage or so) jumper and connect the house positive to the chassis positive from time to time ( or the whole time your are plugged into shore power for that matter). The negatives are already connected together.
That's what I did before I installed the Amp-L-start.
Stan
Old 06-29-2018, 07:49 AM   #43

“I will just have to start my engine from time to time and let it run for a bit.”

Not necessilary. Consider a light duty solar controller and panel in the 25 watt range.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote