Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2006, 03:02 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Doc... Thanks for the "parachute". . My 94 Adv had one, a couple of friends ( Itasca, and Pace)had one, and I assumed everyone did.. rgr..
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 10:34 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Paul

On our year units, the factory inverter (model WIN-12W6R3T) option is installed in the compartment to the left of the main door. Same compartment as water pump, but mounted towards the top of the compartment. The "Demensions Unlimited DC to AC Power Inveter" powers the entertainment center, but not the recepticle on the outside of the entertainment center. It also powers the AC recepticle under the passenger side window and the AC recepticleunderneath the front passenger windshield overhead cabinet. It also powers the factory installed King Dome.

Check your Volume 2, under 08 Entertainment for the Dimensions Inverter wiring details and trouble shooting. The manual recommends installation of a GFCI for the AC input to the inverter. Does the Green 'Inverter power' LED come ON when the inverter is activated by the inverter control panel?

2010 GMC Terrain, Demco: Base plate, Excalibar II tow bar, and Sentry Deflector.
Don The Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 05:00 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

I had the same problem on my 37B. The recp. above the dash on the right side had a loose connection. Which affected all the recpts on that side and the tv. The romex cable fits in the back of the recpt and there are prongs that push through the insulation to make a connection with the wire. Unplug your coach and make sure your inverter is off and check the cable that attaches to the recpt.

2004 Winnebago Adventure 37B
Charles99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:05 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Thanks again for all the input. Interesting solution. I talked to Winnebago. He asked me if it the outlet was working when running the Generator. I unplugged shore power and turned on the generator. All of the outlets worked. I then tried it again on shore power and it works that way now too. He suspects that there was a problem with one side of the 50 AMP connection's transfer switch.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:18 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

On my 2006 Itasca 38T the outlet you refer to is is powered by the inverter along with the passenger side overhead outlet and intertaiment stuff FYI.