Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-06-2018, 10:32 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

87 Sunflyer No AC power; only DC side works

Hello.. ever since plugging into shore power at a park (and everything worked great,) the generator no longer supplies power to the AC side of the house. Outlets and roof air conditioner have nothing.

I checked my breaker panel, and none of the breakers were tripped. I reset them anyway. It made no difference.

I am about to spend a few minutes troubleshooting; I haven't had time until this morning. I will run the generator and confirm that it is at least charging the house batteries. I believe that it is, and I know this has nothing to with the 110 side of the house.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 07-06-2018, 11:00 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Does your RV have an automatic transfer switch or do you have to manually "plug in" at the generator when you swap to genny from shore power?
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:06 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

If there is a manual transfer switch, I don't know anything about it. I believe it is automatic. I have only used shore power once, and I am home currently and will need to get an adapter in order to plug in to my garage or whatever, so I can't test whether shore power even works now or not.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:42 AM   #4
aa1ssradio

Do you have an inverter? If so possibly breaker tripped not letting power through or loose connection on transfer switch or bad contacts.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:08 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Did you shut down the genny while it still had a load on it? What model is your generator? Some generators have circuit breakers on them, so check those.

And if you do have an auto transfer switch (ATS), you might need to check to make sure the connections are secure.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power