Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2006, 02:53 AM   #1
Jim
Winnebago Owner

looking thru previous forums i was able to get the plastic trim off and see the bolts holding the tv in place..once the bolts are removed i don't know if i can handle the tv and remove the wires at the same time..seems it must require a helper.. also is the tv plugged into the inverter and is it accessible without removing the inverter..thanks..jim
Old 05-25-2006, 02:53 AM   #2
Jim
Winnebago Owner

looking thru previous forums i was able to get the plastic trim off and see the bolts holding the tv in place..once the bolts are removed i don't know if i can handle the tv and remove the wires at the same time..seems it must require a helper.. also is the tv plugged into the inverter and is it accessible without removing the inverter..thanks..jim
Old 05-25-2006, 04:23 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Jim
I removed the same TV from my Journey. It is heavy and awkward at best. Be sure all of the cables are disconnected and the set is unplugged from the outlet and the cord is free and will not snag. I would recommend a helper. Hope this helps.
Roy
Old 05-26-2006, 02:13 PM   #4
Jim
Winnebago Owner

thanks flyer..i have been internet surfing to find a similar tv but it seems all 27" tvs are larger than the opening..has anyone found the exact replacement or similar.. or did you go with a smaller set..jim..
Old 05-26-2006, 03:20 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I had to replace out front TV.Yes Make sure all wires are disconnected. It is a one person job if careful. I replaced with an Orion Brand TV. Had to do a little trim work to make it fit right. TV that came with MH. Was a cheap RCA without sterio. Then Orion has sterio and RCA conn. front and rear. Got it at Wal Mart several years ago.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:32 AM   #6
Jim
Winnebago Owner

i was able to remove the tv by myself..after removing the trim i had to loosen the bolts to the bracket holding the tv in..after that i tilted the tv forward and pulled it out of the enclosure..if you can lift about 60 lbs you can do it alone..prior to that i unhooked all the cables from the set..i went to best buy,circuit city,walmart and kmart but couldn't find a similar set..again i ask if anyone has replaced this set what did you get..thanks..jim
Old 05-29-2006, 07:44 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

WE replaced with an Orion Brand TV. Take the mearue ments of present TV. Find something as close to them as possable. You may have to trim some of the trim Winnebago put in. I used a Dremal Tool to cut away some of the lower trim.
2010 Ford Flex
Old 05-29-2006, 09:18 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Hi,

I replaced my 20" RCA with a Phillips Stereo Flat Screen. Measure your opening, then start your search and don't forget to take a tape measure with you. You will find one that fits. Try all the discount stores as well as the electronics stores. Bestbuy sales staff were very helpful. If they don't have oit they'll get it for you. You might hasve to give ans take on some of the TV options but rest assured you will fine one.
Junior 913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:23 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

THe reason to take the tape with you is cause some of the advertised measurements are different than the actual measurements. Measure a demo and make sure you measure the actual purchase cause sometimes the manufacturer will change cabinets in mid-year production.Don't go by what's on the box, measure,measure,measure! Oh buy the way you want a tight fit but you sometimes can file off some of the plastic on the TV cabinet.
Junior 913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:10 PM   #10
Jim
Winnebago Owner

i just learned that the tv i removed had audio out jacks which enabled the surround sound stereo system..none of the tvs i saw at the stores had these and if i install a regular set i won't have the stereo..has anyone worked around this yet?..jim
Old 05-30-2006, 02:13 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

I know the Sony in our 2004 is setup the same way.

A call to Riverpark (the Sony TV supplier to Winnebago) may help. They might be able to hook you up with a better/newer set. Or perhaps help you outfit a TV like they do.

riverparkinc.com

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:21 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Jim we could only find TV's with real RCA sterio conn. Not the crapp RCA had. I made a conn. to go from R/L RCA to the conn. size plug they used. I hate the speaker set up in mine. Just a couple weeks ago. I installed a seperate AMP that conn. to a AM/FM/CD player "with remote control" and mounted the Sterio speaker's R/L of the TV. Only draw back is I have a AMP setting on my dash. Which I can unplug and store while traveling. But much better sound. I purchased the unit from Best Buy for under a $100.0. I ran the speaker wires inside the TV cabinet down the front window divider to AMP box. Maybe some day I will figure out a better way.
Insignia MOD # 811540013 $79.99 at Best Buy
2010 Ford Flex