Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-10-2016, 09:51 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to ed rzepka
I have 24 items (and counting) on mine. Some were fixed by me, a few by a dealer in Las Vegas (Findley RV -- great place). Most are workmanship related. Two are just part of the build, but contradict what the owner's manual says things should be. A few I think the dealer is going to bulk at. I also have a delaminating windshield --I'm just glad that its on the passenger's side because it is getting worse.

While I know no coach is perfect expected some issues, this whole thing has really taken me by surprise as I did not expect it from Winnebago.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:26 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Ed, I agree. I expected better from Winnebago. My new 2005 Winnebago Sightseer 29R had very few faults.

I'm not making excuses for Winnebago but the entire RV industry is coming out of a downturn and they have recently hired new workers that are inexperienced. Reading different forums I see problems from a lot of the RV manufacturers.

That said Winnebago should have a robust quality system that would find and fix most faults. No system is 100 percent effective but Winnebago could do a lot better.

Safe travels. JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:05 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowboat View Post
Ed, I agree. I expected better from Winnebago. My new 2005 Winnebago Sightseer 29R had very few faults.

I'm not making excuses for Winnebago but the entire RV industry is coming out of a downturn and they have recently hired new workers that are inexperienced. Reading different forums I see problems from a lot of the RV manufacturers.

That said Winnebago should have a robust quality system that would find and fix most faults. No system is 100 percent effective but Winnebago could do a lot better.

Safe travels. JD
JD

I agree with everything you are saying, but would like to add that some of the issues involve designed and quality of material selection by somebody of a higher paygrade than production line workers.

ed
Old 07-14-2016, 07:37 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Just took delivery of a 2016 Minnie 25B! It's a replacement for a 2015 25B lost to a collision.
It's amazing how much nicer the '16 is. We purchased sight unseen which was scary but could not find a desirable unit in our state. We live in NC and purchased from dealership in Ohio. It was delivered to us. Much to our relief, there is nothing major we have found that is problematic!
A few upgrades: side view cameras which are awesome!! LED interior lights, LED strip under awning, improved flooring, foam dinette cushions rather than layered Dacron, curtain for cab bunk, built in tank flush, lighted elec outlets, King antenna, cushier mattress, etc.
Maybe the best thing is that it drives better! Altho the 2015 only had 4400 miles, great tires, and wheel alignment you had to concentrate to keep it on the road. Much more relaxing steerage set up in '16. Beyond ready to go camping!!
Sorry no pic....gotta learn how!
TIP: Make sure your insurance is for Total Loss Replacement! So glad we had that.
daisylu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 04:23 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Purchased 2016 Vista LX 27N at the end of May in Portland, Oregon. Currently at GNR in a hotel while our Motorhome is in Service. Love the interior floor plan and all of the upgrades in this model. What I don't like is the ride and noise of the Ford Chassis. They have fixed the cab Windows and hope they have quieted the cab down. It was the most punishing 1700 mile drive due to any wind blowing us out of our lane and every crack and pothole breaking things inside. Could not go over 60mph all of the way there. They worked on it today and hope to have it finished by tomorrow so we can head up the the rally site. Winnebago Service is wonderful to work with and really care to get our issues corrected.
Honwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:43 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

We have had our 2016 Vista LX 30T for a couple months and really do enjoy it. We have only had a few minor problems that have necessitated one trip to the dealer (dropped it off this morning) for warranty repairs.

The only real cons are the A/C struggles with over 90 degree temps (record heat one weekend in Flagstaff) and the tow / haul mode does not function (Ford issue unfortunately).
Old 07-23-2016, 07:28 AM   #27
Winnebago Owner

We got home 10 days ago from our first trip. It was such a pleasant experience compared to our last motorhome (new 06 Essex). Yes, we had some minor issues, and we dropped the coach off at LaMesa RV when we got home. They just called and said all is done (except the parts that had to be ordered from the factory-wooden door to bedroom was too warped to work, the wood receiver cabinet was separating, and the front windshield night shade was coming apart). The other items, a small list (bedroom screen, p/s shade reversed, bottom track on d/s window, rear bathroom sink leak, GPS not working) were completed in a week.
I have been overwhelmed by the support from LaMesa RV, and the fine quality of the GT QL.
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:31 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badhemi View Post
2016 vista lx 27 n. love it a few minor issues, slide seals on main slide were damaged, not sure how but easy fix for the dealer. making them replace bedroom tv it has a bad pixel. new passenger seat vinyl had small tear went on first 200 mile round trip to grand coulee dam rain, wind , oh my drove like a dream no problems camping at banks lake in electric city everything worked .dam solid coach.

I'm having some major issues now and I am not happy or impressed with Winnebago I will update later . P.s check your slides real good.
Old 07-31-2016, 10:06 AM   #29
Winnebago Owner

Yellowboat Update.

We met Honwing at the GNR. We were parked nose to tail.

When we tried to leave the GNR our Power Gear bedroom slide failed to close. We were at the perfect place for repairs. The motor on the aftmost side of the slide had backed out of its mounting pocket. Winnebago replaced the drive hardware. They found a wire that was nearly cut through on the other side of the slide so they replaced the wire bundle.

We departed the GNR five days late. We have been traveling since March and we have made a circle of the US. We traveled south from Washington State, then turned east in Southern California making our way to Florida. Then we headed north to Lake Erie. We are currently in North Souix City, SD. We plan to make our way to I90 and we should be home in about two weeks.

Safe travels. JD
Old 07-31-2016, 11:32 AM   #30
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Yellowboat Update.

We met Honwing at the GNR. We were parked nose to tail.

When we tried to leave the GNR our Power Gear bedroom slide failed to close. We were at the perfect place for repairs. The motor on the aftmost side of the slide had backed out of its mounting pocket. Winnebago replaced the drive hardware. They found a wire that was nearly cut through on the other side of the slide so they replaced the wire bundle.

We departed the GNR five days late. We have been traveling since March and we have made a circle of the US. We traveled south from Washington State, then turned east in Southern California making our way to Florida. Then we headed north to Lake Erie. We are currently in North Souix City, SD. We plan to make our way to I90 and we should be home in about two weeks.

Safe travels. JD
Glad you were in the right place at the right time. How did the motor manage to back out of mounting pocket? Something break? Was in not fasten in properly?
Our differential was fixed in Gresham Ford in Oregon. Would recommend Gresham Ford, very professional and accommodating. The coach was ready Friday morning but we couldn't get reservations for places on the Oregon coast until Sunday night. We had planned to book a couple of weeks earlier, but did know where the differential issue would be taking us and how long. Gresham Ford had no problem with us leaving our coach in there lot until Monday. Looking at some of the area here, we felt safer leaving it in their fenced in lot. When we arrive in Gresham, we ended up picking an Extended Stay and book for a week thinking it would not be fixed this quickly. As it turns out, we will be here only five and have to eat two day. It’s a long story, but I think that much of the ordeal could have been avoided if I had not gone to a non-Ford facility (which was recommended by a Ford dealer in Redmond). It a long story, but I would not go back to that facility.

We have an appointment at Junction City, Oregon at a Winnebago/Coach facility there on August 18 for coach issues. I sent them a list of issues (down to about 20 now) and they booked me. One of the items is a delaminated windshield which I am told, will take a week to get to the Junction City Facility. It cannot be ordered until they see it. Some of the items are not that big of a deal any I was going to fix myself when I returned home, but since I was going anyway, I thought I would try to get Winnie to fix them. So far, they seem very accommodating and receptive.

Since you are near completed your travels and having traveled across the U.S. and back, have you given any thought to 5-Star?

ed
Old 07-31-2016, 12:35 PM   #31
Winnebago Owner

Not having experience with 5 star I guess I don't know what I'm missing.

Would it be possible to run by Junction City on your way to the coast? You would have to delay your trip till Monday. Then maybe Winnebago can have your windshield on order.

Where are staying on the coast?

One thing to see is the Tillamook cheese factory. The cheese factory is interesting but now it is all automated. In the 70's the cheese was in vats made by hand.

And if you are into kites there should be a lot of them flying on the Oregon beaches.

Safe travels. JD
Old 07-31-2016, 03:38 PM   #32
Winnebago Owner

I forgot to mention the motor. I asked if the fasteners came loose but our service agent repeated that it came out of its pocket. Another technician repaired our slide so I suspect that he repeated what he was told about the repair.

I would like to look at the slide mechanism but I was told in a GNR seminar that the 3D parts list is not compatible with Windows 10. My plan was to keep Windows 7 but Microsoft decided that I needed to upgrade even though I repeatedly said no.
Old 07-31-2016, 05:53 PM   #33
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Not having experience with 5 star I guess I don't know what I'm missing.

Would it be possible to run by Junction City on your way to the coast? You would have to delay your trip till Monday. Then maybe Winnebago can have your windshield on order.

Where are staying on the coast?

One thing to see is the Tillamook cheese factory. The cheese factory is interesting but now it is all automated. In the 70's the cheese was in vats made by hand.

And if you are into kites there should be a lot of them flying on the Oregon beaches.

Safe travels. JD
Since we are sticking so close to the coast on this leg of the trip, is looks to be to much out of the way. It almost makes no difference at this point. We have to be back the middle of September and have not had use of the nine days now, no including the drive to Gresham/Portland where we did not plan to stop. Our agenda really took a hit because of this.

Thanks for the suggestion about the cheese factory, we'll look into it.

ed
Old 07-31-2016, 05:54 PM   #34
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
I forgot to mention the motor. I asked if the fasteners came loose but our service agent repeated that it came out of its pocket. Another technician repaired our slide so I suspect that he repeated what he was told about the repair.

I would like to look at the slide mechanism but I was told in a GNR seminar that the 3D parts list is not compatible with Windows 10. My plan was to keep Windows 7 but Microsoft decided that I needed to upgrade even though I repeatedly said no.

Maybe there is a You-Tube about it.

ed