Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2016, 09:21 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Have 38Q-2016. Love it. Slide mechanism has changed and seems to work. Love the 6 speed tranny. Quieter and smoother. The recliner can be moved for viewing TV. The table slides back and forth so if you want more room just slide it toward the refrigerator. I watch TV from the recliner all the time. Floorplan really lives well, My friend have a 45 foot Monaco. They said why does your coach feel so much larger? Very happy overall. My problems at first were with entertainment system but that is resolved.
cpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 03:52 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpoo View Post
Have 38Q-2016. Love it.
cpoo, thanks for the positive comments. We should take delivery on Monday. Excited and anxious at the same time.
Floridakamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:38 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

We love both these floorplans. The 38Q is in our future. We really like how the sink peninsula seems to create 2 different living areas. So many MH's look like a bowling alley down the middle.

How comfortable is the couch with pull out foot stools and electric recline? We have sat on so many couches in RV's that feel like the cushions don't give at all and we really don't like them firm.

How is the feature that heats the water (and floor?) from the engine heat. Does it work well?
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:53 AM   #24
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post

How comfortable is the couch with pull out foot stools and electric recline? We have sat on so many couches in RV's that feel like the cushions don't give at all and we really don't like them firm.

How is the feature that heats the water (and floor?) from the engine heat. Does it work well?
Had our about 5 months or so now. The couch sits well. We sent the ottomans off to storage- they are just not necessary with the slide out foot raises on the reclining sections and the darned ottomans were always in the way. Its a bit of a slouchy recline on the couch- I prop a pillow behind my head when I use the recliners and works fine. But its nice to be able to so easily adjust each seating position on the couch to your individual comfort level. Its one heck of a large couch when all opened up!

The dogs and I fight over who gets to rack out where on the couch at nap time.The couch naps good- but its firm! Lots of various positions available to spread out. My thoughts are the passenger seat recliner and the stand alone recliner are better at the overall reclining function-- but I sure have no gripes about the comfort on the couch and it seems we use it more than any other seat in the rig.!

Water heater? Well lets just say we ALWAYS have hot water on the road and I think in 5 months we've only used propane once- when we took back to back showers one morning very quickly. We have NEVER run out of hot water- and it do get HOT between the engine heat and the electric elements!
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:02 AM   #25
Winnie-Wise

Forgot about the floor heat part of the question 69Stang. We're a bit north of you in LaGrange and we got the rig in March. As you know it doesn't get too bad cold in these parts and we have not been out of the south yet in bad cold weather. For the most part I run the front cockpit heat only when we're on the road unless we really need to crank up the temp. So far that has not been the case since we've owned it.

I have run the motor heat 2 times- Once on the PDI and once on a cooler day more for fun and to check it out. Good heat came out all the floor vents and I have no doubt it would have driven us out of the rig had I'd have left it on.

Headed to the northwest in Sept so may get to try it then in the northern Rockies.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:36 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the info.

Have you weighed it at all? Do you mind saying what the yellow sticker says your cargo capacity is?

We're heading to F.D. Roosevelt State Park in a couple months. Looking forward to it as we've never camped in that part of Ga. Trying to visit/stay at all the Ga Parks.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:16 PM   #27
Winnie-Wise

Has over 4 K lbs of cargo capacity, But we have found it has less storage underneath than our 2014 Itasca Sunstar 31KE did underneath. In spite of that we have more than we need to chunk our junk into. We've not come close to the 4 K on ours and have not weighed it yet. In fact we've taken a lot of stuff off (ottomans etc) as they were of no use to us. I may run it across the scales here before we go just out of curiosity.

Its a great rig for comfort- riding, driving and then set up at a site.

Negatives- have to open the bedroom slide to get to anything in the bedroom (washer/dryer/closets etc) which can be a pain. The other is its only set up for a total of a driver and 3 passengers (4 belted position) even though many more could seat in it. Its a very complex rig technologically speaking. Lots of bells and whistles which can give you some fits from time to time-- or better yet for me keeps me off the streets and busy tinkering with it.

FDR is a fine state park right near Callaway Gardens and Warm Springs . Hope you get to visit those places.Better yet -sometime hit the COE Campgrounds on West Point lake which are close by. One- year round CG at R Schaeffer Heard, and then White Tail Ridge, Holiday and a few others. While we like FDR, the COE CG's are nicer on West Point.

Joe

Edit- Just looked cargo capacity 4310 lbs
Old 08-12-2016, 06:51 PM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
Have you weighed it at all? Do you mind saying what the yellow sticker says your cargo capacity is?
Cargo carrying capacity including all passengers on ours is 4,520#. We have weighed ours, with about 1/2 full water, and just packed for my wife and I. Steer axel 7500# Drive axel 15,820#

Hope this helps you. Check that the fridge is securely anchored to the wall. Both myself and I believe "americanrasc" have had the fridge tip over on us, destroying the microwave. I would open the fridge doors and using the doors as leverage then try and tip it toward you.

It's very roomy inside with the opposing slides, kitchen counter and L shaped couch make it seem like two separate rooms. I also think it drives smaller then it really is.
NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA 455593 & WIT 170814
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:24 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Thanks to both of you for the info. Sounds like a great MH!
Old 11-03-2018, 07:16 AM   #30
Veteran & RV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridakamper View Post
At least once a year I consider purchasing a new motorhome. Something usually scares me off, usually price. I'm looking at a 37F and a 38Q both Suncruiser and Adventurer. I like both floor plans with the possible exception that the recliner right next to the TV does not look functional to "watch" TV. I'm concerned about slide problems with the Schwintek full wall slide. Is that a valid concern and should it be a disqualifier. I've read some are getting Power Gear. Is that any better? Both owned by Lippert. Are there any weight concerns. I see the rear axle on the 38Q is 2000 lbs greater than the 37F. Has anyone had a four point weigh and was all good? The 38Q has 4 AGM batteries and the 37F has only 2 marine deep cycle batteries. Seems like with a 2000 watt inverter and a residential fridge it ought to have 4. Any advice or comments might help me make sense out of the mental confusion I live with.
I just bought a used 2016 Adventurer 37F with the residential fridge and it has 4 coach batteries and the solar panel on the roof.
armullis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:07 PM   #31
Winnie-Wise

armullis I'll bet you fall in love with it! We' started out with one heck of a lot of problems the first year with the Q. But once we got the bugs worked out we have not had any problems of any significance. We want to be out in it all the time and can't wait to get away in it.

I'm guessing that as yours is a year or so old that the kinks are out of it and you have a fine rig!

Joe
Old 11-04-2018, 05:17 PM   #32
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikerdogs View Post
Some of the newest models have a surge protector built into the transfer switch. I'm not sure which ones.

Here's a link to a publication from Winnebago explaining the functions of the TRC surge protectors used on diesel coaches in 2012.
http://winnebagoind.com/resources/se...r%20Switch.pdf

I don't know if this one or something similar is still used.
We have the 2017 Adventurer 38 Q and it has the built in surge suppressor..
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 05:22 PM   #33
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanrascal View Post
Forgot about the floor heat part of the question 69Stang. We're a bit north of you in LaGrange and we got the rig in March. As you know it doesn't get too bad cold in these parts and we have not been out of the south yet in bad cold weather. For the most part I run the front cockpit heat only when we're on the road unless we really need to crank up the temp. So far that has not been the case since we've owned it.

I have run the motor heat 2 times- Once on the PDI and once on a cooler day more for fun and to check it out. Good heat came out all the floor vents and I have no doubt it would have driven us out of the rig had I'd have left it on.

Headed to the northwest in Sept so may get to try it then in the northern Rockies.
Why don't you use the fireplace to supplement you heat needs....you also have heat pumps to add take the chill out,
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 05:42 AM   #34
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by corjaguar View Post
Why don't you use the fireplace to supplement you heat needs....you also have heat pumps to add take the chill out,
Yep we do! My original post was a 2 years ago when we first got the rig and had not traveled that much in the new rig. Couldn't quite bring myself to use the fireplace for heat here in Georgia during the summer LOL. Since then we have used the fireplace extensively in cold weather and it does a great job heating the forward areas of the motorhome (not so much the rear area).

The heat pumps for us have been all but useless below 40 degrees, but that's OK we know how to keep the rig warm and have never been uncomfortable. Sometimes we use a small electric heater toward the rear of the rig to supplement the fireplace.

All the best

Joe