Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-09-2015, 11:08 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2013 Adventurer 37F inverter

The inverter in my 2013 Adventurer 37F works intermittently. It tries to turn on the bed and then overloads. I can hear the bed click on, then the inverter starts beeping. Sometimes as we go down the road after the bed has been off for a couple of hours the inverter will work. Is there something I'm not doing that keeps the inverter searching for the bed? Is there a procedure for turning the bed off so the inverter bypasses the bed?
gnewhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:55 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I'm trying to understand why the inverter would have anything to do with the bed. Are you sure of your terminology? An inverter would not be "searching" for anything. An inverter takes in battery power (12 volts) and puts out 120 volts alternating current. Maybe you could describe your problem by the symptoms rather than your diagnosis.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:07 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

When not on shore power or generator power I turn on the Xantrex 1000. I hear clicking noise under the bed, just like when I power up the bed. The inverter status shows almost 13v then starts beeping and shows overload as the status. I turn off the inverter start driving and maybe two hours later the inverter will sometimes work.on the
Old 07-09-2015, 09:33 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

gnewhall, Do you have a Ideal Rest air mattress sounds like the pump is running and over loading the inverter?
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:57 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Grant

That's what it sounds like to me too. I just don't know how to stop it other than lifting the bed and trying to unplug it. I couldn't find a circuit breaker which would be easier. There is a way to put the bed into a sleep mode when not in use, but it doesn't seem to work, unless I'm doing it wrong. I don't understand why after a few hours of driving it sometimes starts working.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:13 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnewhall View Post
Grant

That's what it sounds like to me too. I just don't know how to stop it other than lifting the bed and trying to unplug it. I couldn't find a circuit breaker which would be easier. There is a way to put the bed into a sleep mode when not in use, but it doesn't seem to work, unless I'm doing it wrong. I don't understand why after a few hours of driving it sometimes starts working.
Is it possible that the batteries supporting the inverter are too weak to power the inverter for the demand of the bed, but after driving a while they become sufficiently charged so as to allow the inverter to function normally???
Old 07-10-2015, 11:08 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Grant

Well,
I'm not familiar with the type of bed you're describing. What EXACTLY is that kind of bed that, it continues to put ANY LOAD on the inverter, when you're not either adjusting the pressure, if it is adjustable? And, you're inverter, the Xantrex 1000, should be able to handle that little bed motor without issue, unless your house batteries have an issue.

Maybe an explanation of what that bed is, and how it works, might help here.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 01:28 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I was finally able to disconnect the bed and that didn't solve my problem. Batteries are 3 months old and fully charged. It's a Xantrex Pro 1000 inverter. I'll have to try eliminating other circuits.

Thanks everyone!
Old 07-10-2015, 01:58 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
I was finally able to disconnect the bed and that didn't solve my problem. Batteries are 3 months old and fully charged. It's a Xantrex Pro 1000 inverter. I'll have to try eliminating other circuits.

Thanks everyone!

Sounds to me to be a battery problem, as others have said. Only way to eliminate them from causality is to disconnect them after labeling connections, the remove & take them to a Autozone or similar store for a free load test. If okay, then reinstall following your earlier labeling effort. Your problem is somewhere else, but more than likely still on the 12VDC side, not the 120VAC side.

Personally, my inverter is turned off 99.9% of the time as I rarely need to to invert power from 12VDC to 120VAC.

Jim & Shirley & Abbie (Scottie)
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911
2005 Dodge Grand Caravan
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911, 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Braun Accessibility Modified Toad, Remco Lube Pump, 5 Star Tune, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, Coach Net Emergency Road Service, FMCA 378968
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 03:01 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

So, WHAT kind of bed was/is it that you THOUGHT was your problem?
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 04:43 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Scott,

It's a Digital Air Sleep Bed by Innomax.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:50 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

gnewhall, below is a drawing of the recepts connected to the inverter, check and make sure there is not a large load connected to one of them. On the inverter remote face plate the third selection is watts out check and see how many watts the inverter is putting out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013 35F inverter recepts.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	99697  
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 09:58 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Grant thanks for the schematic, I've eliminated the bed. Next time we stop I'll start working on the others.

I checked the voltage at the inverter it's 13.42v

I don't have a pressing need for the inverter, just nice to be able to use some 110 plugs going down the road.

Tags
inverter, vent