Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2019, 12:56 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2012 Navion fuse identification

I am at my wits end with this Navion. Now, the hood fan and lights quit. I found the light switch was bad and replaced it. Then, a bit later, heard a pop and thought it might be the overload switch so bought a new one and replaced it. No luck. Tried to find a main fuse that may have popped. Can not locate where it is. Nothing in any manuals, the writing on the door panel looks like a 5 year old standing on his hear wrote the names of what the fuse protects, got on line and so far, I am at a loss finding pictures, or a diagram or something that will give me what each fuse protects. Why is this such a secret? Anyone out there have an answer for me. Thanks so very much. Bud
BudnAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 03:34 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

No Secrets

Well, I didn't have any issue going right to the 2012 Navion wiring diagrams. The web site has been updated still navigates well.

Table of Contents

This is a 2012 Navion J, didn't say your model but if different it will be there under the appropriate title. That's one thing I am pleased with WGO - publishing the wiring diagrams and plumbing diagrams. Other makers don't seem to think it necessary.
Kayak73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:46 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Kayak73

But I did find that section and unless I am missing something, a layout of the fuse boxes themselves and showing what each fuse is for or what it protects, like, furance, lights, etc and what amp it is, is what I can not find. Someone has to have shown a drawing of the boxes and show each fuse and its function. That is what I am looking for. I will try and contact Winn.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:03 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Sorry, you did indeed miss something. Again, you did not state your model but it will be there. I chased the Navion J for your stated year. Go to the 12vdc sheet and scroll down. The labels for the fuses are clearly shown. It is easy, really. These are wiring diagrams, you will need some experience looking at wiring diagrams and a bit of patience but please, go back and look and you will find every fuse label as to what it serves and the amperage of the fuse. Now the drawing for my model year is a bit more clear but it is there on every year, yours included.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_179341.pdf

scroll down to the fourth page of drawings, look at the bottom of that sheet - it is there, clear. Good luck!
Old 06-25-2019, 08:23 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Hi Bill

Well, I keep forgetting to tell you the model. It is the 24M Navion. I looked over the wiring info you sent to me, in my model, and I find everything BUT, the stove hood fan. They show it in the pictures but no mention of the fuses. Some where there has to be a fuse for the complete fan. Thanks Bill.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:34 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I found it, though no help from their stuff. I started to check everything else and I found that the water pump was out also. That fuse is number 7 in the box and was blown. NO where does anything say that they are connected, but it all works now. I even have Winnebago scratching their heads. They did not know. (I do, now) Thanks for your assistants Bill.
Old 06-25-2019, 10:53 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

You are welcome and I looked at the M sheets for grins as well, it is not marked anywhere I could find either. The good news is you found it and now you know. The mystery connection. I would bet there are a few others most of the time which we will find only by trial and error. If I can't find it on the drawings I just start pulling fuses and check them with the meter.

Tags
cat, fuse