Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2006, 03:40 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

My headlights are a little off, the few times I've used them for very short trips, I noticed owls in trees and low flying aircraft. I had the front end aligned today and was able to crawl down in the pit and look up at the back sides of the headlights, no adjustment screws. I've looked around the edges of the headlights from the outside front and I can't see any adjustment screws either.

I am leaving for Quartsite on Sunday and will be doing some night driving. Any ideas? I don't want to be responsible for a 767 plane crash by blinding the pilots.

I am not overloaded, either. Thanks!

Best Regards!

2007 Winnebago Journey 39K Freightliner Chassis, Cat C7
Old Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 03:40 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

My headlights are a little off, the few times I've used them for very short trips, I noticed owls in trees and low flying aircraft. I had the front end aligned today and was able to crawl down in the pit and look up at the back sides of the headlights, no adjustment screws. I've looked around the edges of the headlights from the outside front and I can't see any adjustment screws either.

I am leaving for Quartsite on Sunday and will be doing some night driving. Any ideas? I don't want to be responsible for a 767 plane crash by blinding the pilots.

I am not overloaded, either. Thanks!

Best Regards!

Old 01-12-2006, 04:18 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

From what I have seen, ALL motorhomes come with mis-aligned headlights. I could not see adjustment screws on mine either, but they are there ...it isn't easy. After struggling with a dealer who said they were aligned (but I could tell they were not), I went to a truck service shop who found them way off to the right, and were able to greatly improve mine. They still don't light up the road like I would like on low beam, but they are much better.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:31 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Like Paul said, keep looking, they are there. The height adjustment is via an adjustment built into the headlights, same as used on the Impala they came from. The right/left adjustment is via a bolt that moves the whole headlight that Winnebago puts on.

I've aimed my "fog" lights low so I use them most of the time too. Mine are not fog lights, but driving lights. I've seen both in the same light though, mine have no vertical marks in the reflector like the fog light version.

There's some good info on aiming headlites on line if you search. Basically, they should be aimed straight ahead, both for height and right/left.

Tim.
2004 Adventurer

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 05:07 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the encouragement! I still am unable to find the adjustment screws, do you know where they are located, top, bottom, backside, etc.

Thanks again!

Old 01-13-2006, 07:44 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

I'll add taking a picture or two to my to do list this weekend. It's raining now, but it's supposed to stop.

I do recall (it's been a year or more) that it took quite a reach to get to the height screws (via the hood opening). The right/left needed to be done from underneath.

A Chevy Impala service manual might help with the height adjustment, might find that online.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:51 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

tderonne,

Thanks! Looked from the hood side and found the up/down adjuster screws (which is my problem). A 1/4" drive 9/32" socket on about 9" of extension and I reached the screws. Now I'll have to check the adjustment after dark.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction! (And my headlights, too)

Best Regards!