Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2015, 08:04 PM   #1

2000 ultimate advantage Electrial

I have an Ultimate advantage, Since new, It has 77000 Miles on it , Has lived in a garage All it's life. Took it on a trip. The slide aced funny. No big thing. But it would not come back in. I had to jump a wire from the batteries to the solenoid on the Jack HWH motor as it powers the slide as well as the jacks. Then push the dash switch and the pump ran and the slide came in. Then I turn the ignition switch on and NO dash lights. Nothing Then all at once they came on and the engine Fired. I tried it maybe 10 times it never failed.. alter a week now I tried it all dead again. . I meet with RV friends . The Common Thing I hear It is a solenoid ... Well the Radio/wipers/head lights, work The Power seats/Heater/dash DO not work. I was wondering if some one has experienced a problem like that.. I am installing a new Ignition switch , It's on order. I need help. as I run it up against the wall and can't get to the solenoids. as the air bleeds off and the brakes lock up.. Help
tony Bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:50 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Tony, I have doubts of the problem being the ignition switch, but it's possible. There should be a isolated bolt in the proximity of the battery compartment, that is a common terminal point for several wire lugs. It needs to be clean and tight. Battery connections, including ground wire to the frame, need to be clean and tight. There is a starter solenoid that may be the starting issue culprit, but it is not the same solenoid as for the HWH hydraulic pump.

Is the front of the RV against the wall, where you can't get to the front electrical panel? I think there is a fuse/breaker for the HWH system somewhere in there, and possibly the relay for the HWH solenoid. Call HWH, and ask for tech support. They have probably seen this problem before, and they and they can help you with the slide problem.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:26 AM   #3

Thanks for the response;; The thing that has me Troubled , Is when it didn't work then the dash lights flashed on and off. then came on long enough to fire the Engine. I cleaned all the batteries, And the coach all ways Has power. When I push the AUX. power to start nothing happens, That tells me there is something else happening, that is not good. Fuse would not flicker on and off, That is eliminated . Solenoid May ?? I am hoping ignition switch. All input is appreciated, and will be followed ,
Old 06-11-2015, 07:51 PM   #4

Well. I am a happy person. I installed a new ignition switch and every thing works as it should. Thanks .. Also for any ones information . Most Winnebago use the chev. P30 chasses, Ignition switch... At Winnebago they cost $35.00 on ebay they are $16.50. Go figure .. Life is good/
Old 06-14-2015, 08:09 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

UA 40J

Never had your problem but did change both solenoids up front and when I starting I allow all warning light to come up on the dash before starting the engine have 110,000 miles running the 300 Cat. We changed out all the day night shades to MCD roller shades makes the coach look a little newer than it is.

Tom & Rosa
Old 06-15-2015, 07:30 AM   #6

Well I inquired about Replacing the VDU.. ( when they go bad a lot of things happen, none good). The Freightliner Shop Quoted me about $1200.00. ( I played music at a Winnebago Dealer This weekend. They had one Coach For over $300,000.00, Made $1200.00 Look good.) well replaced mine, Myself. You have to remove the bed, all the steel over the engine Then stand on your head on the engine Top.. After a shoe box full of cuss words and a paved road to hell, I got it done and lubed the water pump at the same time. Every thing works as it should. I now carry an ignition, 2 solenoids, and a Motor for the HWH jacks. As it also powers the slide, They are in a compartment on the coach, along with other things. all is good. Life is good ..
Old 06-16-2015, 08:42 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Good job! Thanks for posting the follow-up.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote