Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2015, 04:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2000 Itasca Mystery Tube?

Behind the sewer bay there is a white tube hanging down with a valve on it. When I open the valve it just dribbles a little but no low point as I have city water hooked up. And with water in the gray tank witch it seems to be near also just a dribble. Someone enlighten me please?
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 05:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

homeless, how about a picture?
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:51 PM   #3
GG1
Winnie-Wise

Possibly a winterization tube
Old 09-24-2015, 08:13 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

The winterization antifreeze inlet is in the same compartment as the water pump by the water heater, don't think that's it.

Trying to think what would be in the sewer compartment. Maybe someone changed the outside shower setup?

You should have something that looks like this:

..or close to it.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 05:17 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

This tube is behind the sewer bay as shown above. I will get a photo of it when the sun comes up...
Old 09-25-2015, 05:58 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Fresh water tank drain?
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 06:13 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Ok so the sun is not really up yet! Its not fresh water drain its right under the shower and gray tank. I am going to leave it open today and see if gray over flow maybe.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:54 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

I say it is the water line drain valve. When you winterize, and blow out the lines with air pressure, open this valve after you pump up the lines with air and the lines will drain out of here. I just open it and pulse the air in through my hose connection and watch until the water stops coming out, then add the pink stuff. (antifreeze).
You can check it by turning your water pump on and then opening the valve and water should pump out it.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 06:38 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Found it!

In your plumbing diagrams.

Detail G on the last page. It's a drain for the tub spout. Won't be much water in it unless the tub spout is flowing.

Old 09-28-2015, 04:13 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I don't see the tube on section G! If this tube was any part of the water line wound it have water running out of it on city water?

I have had this tube open when tube is running.....
Old 09-28-2015, 04:29 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Detail G is on the last page, lower left corner. Pipe and valve in question are at the bottom.

Old 09-29-2015, 03:26 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Ok well here are some things its not! Its not an overflow for the Black Tank. Its not and over flow for the Gray Tank. It is not the over flow for fresh water. It seems to have nothing to do with shower tub or shower head, as when shower and tub are running no water comes out. In fact no water comes out much at all. Just some dribbles sometimes. I am leaving it open until I find something running out.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:04 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

homeless, I agree with tderonne water will only come out the line if water is flowing out the tub spout.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 05:48 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

And if I have the tub spout on and don't see the water coming out then what? And if it does what kind of since does that make anyhow?
Old 09-30-2015, 06:42 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

According to the 2000 Suncruiser owners manual the valve is for draining the fresh water tank as mentioned by ChasA.
Here's a link to the online 2000 Suncruiser Owners manual:
http://winnebagoind.com/resources/ma...Suncruiser.pdf

You might want to download a copy for future reference.

On page 7-9 in the "Plumbing Systems" section there is a chart labeled "Water System Drain Valve Locations".

The valve you see is described as :
Water Tank - On Models 37G and 32V on the Workhorse chassis the tank drain is in the compartment behind the rear wheels on the passengers side of the coach.

I believe someone has modified the location of this valve. Normally the valve itself is inside the compartment with only a short piece of tube extending through the floor. There is an illustration on page 7-8 showing a different model, but with the more common location of the valve inside the compartment.

Try adding some water to the fresh water tank by switching the water valve in the wet bay to "Water Tank Fill". Leave the valve on the drain tube open and see if water starts to drain. It may take a minute or so to get enough water in the tank for it to come out the drain.

In many cases the drain is not at the absolute bottom of the tank. In our case when we winterized our 2001 Adventurer we had to raise the jacks on the drivers side to get all the water to drain out of the fresh water tank.

Don't forget to switch the water fill valve back to the "City Fill" position when you're done. If you don't the tank will continue to fill. Also if the fill valve left is in the "Water Tank Fill" position the fresh water pump will not generate water pressure when you disconnect from city water.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:09 AM   #16
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikerdogs View Post

The valve you see is described as :
Water Tank - On Models 37G and 32V on the Workhorse chassis the tank drain is in the compartment behind the rear wheels on the passengers side of the coach.
The drain valve is on the diagrams, on the passenger side, not where this smaller valve is.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:26 PM   #17
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
The drain valve is on the diagrams, on the passenger side, not where this smaller valve is.
I did a little more research this afternoon and agree that the drain is for the shower not the fresh water tank.

Looking at the original picture of the drain I thought it was from the passengers side looking forward. My error was in "assuming" the bath and the exhaust were on the passengers side like the 32V.

Looking at the 2000 brochure I see the bath in the 37G is on the drivers side forward of the rear axle. The OP's picture is actually of the drivers side looking to the rear of the coach.

What I don't understand is whether the shower actually works properly with the drain valve in the open position as shown. I would think that there would be minimal if any water flow to the shower head, and lots of water on the ground.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:36 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Ok tderonne seems to be correct in that the tube foist it where the tube comes from. As I turn on the tube foist the water drips at a faster rate! But its still just drizzling?? Why is it not a full flow, I am on city water. And what is the proposes of this drain? And yes it is ahead of the rear axel behind the water bay on the drivers side. I have the 37' rig.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:38 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

My only thought would be for Boon Docking and letting the shower drain on the ground and not into the tank. It would have to have been a mod, and not from the factory. Just a thought.
ScottsJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 05:33 PM   #20
Winnie-Wise

I think it is just for winterizing so no water is trapped in the pipe to the tub spout.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca